New CPU and/or HDD for recording gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_hello22

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Ok, so i want a new cpu because my old phenom 550 can't keep up in most games. I've been looking at the phenom 840 (AU$107) and the phenom 1055T(AU$170).

I'll be mostly playing games (Bad Company 2, BF3, GTA 4), recording games and then rendering those videos. Will getting the 6 core 1055T make much of a difference with recording? I heard bc2 and bf3 will make use of all 6 cores. And will getting another hard drive to record onto have a bigger fps increase over a 6 core cpu? I have the WD 500gb caviar blue 3gb/s atm and am looking at either a 60gb SSD for windows and programs or a WD 1TB HDD. I'm new to SSD's so if you could recommend some good cheap ones that'd be ool beans :) Thanks. Also i'll be using fraps to record.

Solution
For the CPU, get the X4 955 BE (C3 stepping). No point getting a hexa core for gaming (even considering you'll be recording in parallel). Also make sure your motherboard supports the new processor and that you have the latest BIOS installed before replacing the CPU.

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Fraps is good but will lag the best of PC's Down. I play all those games and things like black ops and I used to use fraps and I started to find other ways to record:

AMD 1055t
12GB DDR3
GTX 460 Sonic Platinum

For the CPU, get the X4 955 BE (C3 stepping). No point getting a hexa core for gaming (even considering you'll be recording in parallel). Also make sure your motherboard supports the new processor and that you have the latest BIOS installed before replacing the CPU.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.