Retail desktop Llano APU tested

So they are comparing it against SB equipped with Intel HD3000 integrated graphics?

And using cpu benchmarks that scale with more cores, but pitting a SB quad core vs. an 8-core?

(We all know more cores do not help in Win7 for gaming, and, in fact, more than 4 are actually a hindrance. I hope core scaling improves under Win8 and with driver updates...)

So an intel GPU got its ass handed to it by an AMD IGP, not the first time nor the last time this has happened. We know that Intel IGPs suck, we also know that even the lowest AMD card will beat it, so did this tell us anything that we couldnt already figure out? I wanted to see CPU vs CPU results, GPU comparisons are meaningless, especially when they are running stuff at 1920x1080.

The *real* benchmarks, in my opinion, will involve a variety of games (Crysis, Metro2033, BF2, etc.) at 1280x1024 , 1920x1080, 2560x1600 ,etc., and pit FX4130 quadcore vs. i5/2500k quadcore under Win7 when both systems are tested using:

GTX580
GTX580 SLI
6970 CF

I think most folks are going to be disappointed with FX81XX performance in gaming with Win7. (If 4 cores can easily be disabled in BIOS and/or within Win7 to reduce overhead for gaming, that might help...)