Sign in with
Your question

Saphire Radeon HD 6850 No Signal?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2011 8:07:30 PM

Hi i am experiencing problems with the 6850, the first 6850 i got didn't display anything and the monitor would just show "No Signal" so i sent it back. I have just received another 6850 today and it works excellently when i get into windows but 50% of the time that i boot up my pc it says "no signal" and i can hear the computer working as it gives the 'Post Beep'. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H
CPU: CORE 2 DUO E8400 3GHz @ 3.3GHz
RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 2GB)
GPU: Saphire Radeon HD 6850
PSU: 700w Thermaltake

Thank you in advance :) 
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2011 10:51:10 PM

First, be sure the cable connections are tight. Then you could try another cable to see if the No Signal happens with it. You could also try another monitor to see if the same thing happens.
January 6, 2011 11:08:05 PM

I usually use dual monitors but both of them got no signal. I tried them one at a time :)  thanks for the response
Related resources
January 8, 2011 1:54:53 PM

There is an issue with the 2 DVI ports of 6850. the 1st one is a DVI-I which supports a VGA to DVI adapter. The 2nd one is a DVI-D which does not support an adapter and you need to have a monitor with DVI cable output in order to make it work.
January 9, 2011 4:46:08 PM

VasiliosA said:
There is an issue with the 2 DVI ports of 6850. the 1st one is a DVI-I which supports a VGA to DVI adapter. The 2nd one is a DVI-D which does not support an adapter and you need to have a monitor with DVI cable output in order to make it work.

Ok Thank you. so do you think that putting my DVI monitor on the second slot would help rather than it being on the first? (Which it currently is)
February 5, 2012 3:36:57 AM

i have the same problem, i've tried both slots, even hdmi! I also tried another T.V with DVI. Still doesn't work. I had a blue screen before all of this so maybe thats what caused it?
!