Sign in with
Your question

ATI HD5570 no sound

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2011 9:48:28 PM

I just installed a THE ATI 5570.. i get picture no sound.

More about : ati hd5570 sound

January 7, 2011 12:30:24 AM

Do you mean sound from via the HDMI cable to your monitor/HDTV or do you mean from your speakers via the motherboards (or stand alone) sound card?

You may just need to go into Control Panel/Sound to make sure the correct Playback device is selected.

Good luck!
m
l
January 7, 2011 2:21:47 AM

Sound via HDMI cable to surround sound receiver.
I tried that... It does not list the Hd5570 as an audio source option just my Rockfish.
m
l
Related resources
January 7, 2011 11:14:32 AM

Make sure you have installed the ATI HDMI drivers and then select it as the default playback device.

Windows Update will show the driver as an optional item and you can get directly from ati.com.
m
l
January 27, 2011 10:15:38 AM

Tried all thats been mentioned in the posts...
IT Appears that it might be the GRAPHICS onboard audio which is REALTEC.

Have been advised to go to their web site , down load their ATI HDMI Driver and that should fix it.?? ATI must be producing Display cards where the audio out is not automatic... the reason for the change to Display port technology is that the Manufactures dont have to pay royaties to the DP design but they do in the case of HDMI......AS usual its us, the consumer ends up with the addition cost for no better quality... you heard it here first!
m
l
January 27, 2011 5:05:53 PM

The audio on the ATI HD5770 is an ATI HDMI device. You likely have Realtek audio on your motherboard. It is also possible that your motherboard has HDMI as part of its integrated video. What make/model of motherboard are you using?
m
l
January 28, 2011 7:49:01 AM

COLGeek said:
The audio on the ATI HD5770 is an ATI HDMI device. You likely have Realtek audio on your motherboard. It is also possible that your motherboard has HDMI as part of its integrated video. What make/model of motherboard are you using?

They, the card supplier 'Tec help' said this as well... however I've never heard of this problem before so I'm wondering now even if I had been able to purchase a 5570 with HDMI I would have had the exactly the same problem?
Yes the motherboard has integrated graphics with an HDMI connection
(I did disable the motherboard's graphics in Bios before installing the new card). One could argue, did i need to install this card as the Mobo's integraded Graphics are pretty good but the new cards graphics and control are far superior.

ASUS P5G41T-M/USB3 micro atx

thanks for you interest
m
l
January 29, 2011 10:43:57 PM

First, do you have sound now via your desired output device (speakers, monitor, or HDTV)? Second, when you disabled the on-board audio, did you also disable the on-board HDMI (some BIOSes will let you)?

In Windows, do you have any sound devices reporting a problem in Device Manager? Also, what is your defauly playback device in Sound (in Control Panel)?
m
l
January 30, 2011 11:52:42 AM

1/ yes, via 2 motherboard's micro phono's to single phono to TV ('Y' Cable) sound plays ok (analoge)

2/ SOUND.
AMD HDMI output..High defination Audio Device not plugged in BUT cant select it .
SPEAKERS High Defination Audio Device. Default device

2/ tried first disabling HDMI no difference..dont know if Ive since mentioned, Reatec TEC have told me to use (DOWNLOAD) their audio patch for ATM 5000 series graphics cards which according to them will allow the audio stream through the graphics card, which must be correct as if I remove the card an revert back to using the mobo's HDMI connection audio and display works fine even though the display quality is not as good.

3/ SOUND.
AMD HDMI output..High defination Audio Device not plugged in BUT cant select it

Had a re think since, I am going to use this problem to my advantage , 5.1 PC surround speakers!... logitech Z5500, still using the hdmi display quality with superior sound and by passing the TV's audio!
m
l
January 30, 2011 8:19:18 PM

I am glad that you have sound. Still, I am confused by your descriptions of your config, but the point is moot since you are running acceptably.

Good luck!
m
l
January 31, 2011 7:34:30 AM

thanks for all your interest, found this, which if you have not seen this before might interest you! It turns out of course I would have had to do the anlaloge connection anyway.
OK so the 5000 series definitely has some problems especially with HDMI audio, but I and others have worked around them for the most part, and sometimes fixed them. [There's several of us who had been waiting for these cards for a while and have followed their progression since the beginning. You might wanna pay extra attention to what renethx, vladd, SamuriHL, Tulli and other "olds" from the original thread have to say (sorry if I forgot someone!)]

If you don't understand some terms, please search for them in order to keep this post as short and clear as possible. I will keep updating this post with other people's contributions (esp. Tulli, I hope, cause I know practically nothing about fixing EDID!).

All this is tested on Windows 7 64-bit, it should be the same on 32-bit and maybe Vista. If you got XP you might have some more trouble (you probably won't be able to bitstream HD-disc audio at all). I think it's time to let XP go.

Original thread pertaining HTPC use.

First of all, the Realtek HDMI driver is recommended as opposed to the ATI HDMI audio driver that comes with the Catalyst installation. After accepting, download the ATI HDMI Audio Device in red fonts. Current version is 2.39 as of 2010/02/06. The other ones (usually higher, newer versions) are for the Realtek analog motherboard devices. This is about the most common mistake people make. The main difference between these two drivers is that the Realtek one doesn't suffer from the "silent stream bug".

[2010/02/14] The Realtek driver is now at version 2.42. ricabullah points out that there is a problem with the both the 2.39 and 2.42 drivers with DVBViewer.
m
l
January 31, 2011 10:25:11 AM

mentaliss said:
thanks for all your interest, found this, which if you have not seen this before might interest you! It turns out of course I would have had to do the anlaloge connection anyway.
OK so the 5000 series definitely has some problems especially with HDMI audio, but I and others have worked around them for the most part, and sometimes fixed them. [There's several of us who had been waiting for these cards for a while and have followed their progression since the beginning. You might wanna pay extra attention to what renethx, vladd, SamuriHL, Tulli and other "olds" from the original thread have to say (sorry if I forgot someone!)]

If you don't understand some terms, please search for them in order to keep this post as short and clear as possible. I will keep updating this post with other people's contributions (esp. Tulli, I hope, cause I know practically nothing about fixing EDID!).

All this is tested on Windows 7 64-bit, it should be the same on 32-bit and maybe Vista. If you got XP you might have some more trouble (you probably won't be able to bitstream HD-disc audio at all). I think it's time to let XP go.

Original thread pertaining HTPC use.

First of all, the Realtek HDMI driver is recommended as opposed to the ATI HDMI audio driver that comes with the Catalyst installation. After accepting, download the ATI HDMI Audio Device in red fonts. Current version is 2.39 as of 2010/02/06. The other ones (usually higher, newer versions) are for the Realtek analog motherboard devices. This is about the most common mistake people make. The main difference between these two drivers is that the Realtek one doesn't suffer from the "silent stream bug".

[2010/02/14] The Realtek driver is now at version 2.42. ricabullah points out that there is a problem with the both the 2.39 and 2.42 drivers with DVBViewer.

To be honest, most of this is rubbish.

I (and many others) have built many systems using ATI HMDI and have had no (as in zero) problems. Once the drivers are loaded, it is a matter of proper wiring via the various output options to do what you want.

If you have a working config, good on you. Have fun!
m
l
!