Best Brand/Speed of Ram for Z68 Extreme7 Gen3

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiflow

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Hi Folks, I need the some advice from you guy's about the Best Brand Quantity and Speed of Ram, for my ASrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 MoBo new build.

I suppose that this is really a matter of personal preference, but in the end I would like to narrow it down to (2) choices based on:

Brand/Quality:
High/Low Profile:
Quantity needed:
Speed:
Price:

I have been reading alot of articles online and also read the manufacturers memory charts from both ASrock and the Ram manufacturers them selves but keep on finding different things on each site.

So, all I have managed to do is to get more and more confused from what I have been reading.

Most of the articles I have read are using G.SKILL RipJaws X

Some other articles say they have had problems when using Corsair.

Crucial have dozens and dozens of choices for this MoBo, but no recommendations to what is best.

Then there are the other brands that I have no clue about.

and lastly some sites don't even have ASrock in their MoBo selector.

PLEASE HELP me if you can.... :pt1cable:

Thanks Guy's!!!

I have this in my Asrock board CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186 and they work smooth without problems.I had problems with G.SKILL RipJaws X and i changed with Corsair.With G.Skill i had a lot of BSOD's.
When you buy something new you must to have a little luck.
If you work in 3D,video rendering and with other programs what need a lot of RAM buy 16GB.
For gaming 4GB is enough , but because the prices are low everybody without a tight budget buy 8GB is more future proof.
The low profile memory are used frequently not to interfere with the cpu coolers, but the quality is the same like those with large heatsinks.
You don't observe if a memory work at 1333Mhz or 1600Mhz just in benchmarks. Maybe you see an improvement from 1333Mhz to , let's say 2133Mhz.
Almost all the brands are good ( Corsair, G.Skill, Patriot , Crucial , Team Elite, Muskin and other few) depends how lucky you are when you buy.

antiflow

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

Hi Thanks for getting back to me, For right now I think I will go with just 8gb's mainly because there seem to be some good deals on the two stick sets.
I have heard that my MoBo should be using the Low Voltage Ram like 1.5v, But then I read that some guy's have had to up the voltage to like 1.65v to overcome some boot problems etc, which is very confusing to me?

Then comes the speed issue, If you read the tom's article on this MoBo, they are using G.Skill F3-17600CL9Q-16GBXLD: 16 GB DDR3-2200 at DDR3-1600 CAS 9, 1.60 V, for maximum OC'ing and benchmark tests. But in all the forums everyone is using 8gb @16000 DDR3 Cas 9, 1.5V.

If you can shed any light on this for me .....please do.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.