Crashes during gameplay

Atotalnoob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Hey guys! been a while....

Anyway, random crashes happen in League of Legends(after about 10 minutes in-game, and increase in frequency...), my computer BSODs (can't see it the monitor goes dark, but it brings up an error report... I will write it down next time I see it....)
And, basically I thought it was temps, but they seemed fine.... 60 CPU (CPU is OCed @ 4.2....) GPU was at 48.. IOH is at 103(defective sensor) and ambient is at 41..... Dropping to 2.7 ghz brought CPU temps to 27, and the rest about the same....

Soooo dropped OC to 3.1.... for fun.... still crashing, then it brings up Bios saying OC failed... so I reset to the default 2.7 ghz.

Any thoughts? please keep in mind, this system was stable for about 3 months.... (the BSODS I got then was a defective GPU...)

System specs

Core i7 930 (now @ 2.7, was 4.2)
MSI pro-e MOBO
120 gig Sandforce SSD (g.skill phoenix, I think)
2 1gb 5770 GPUS (not in crossfire)
my cooling is Liquid....

Solution
well, just got on today, sorry you didnt get anybody else!
you dont spec your ram, and im going to guess you OC it as well as the cpu...grab a copy of memtest...burn it and boot it, see if you come up with errors.
Im guessing you've cooked either your ram or your one of your vid cards, if memtest (minimum of 2 hour run) shows good then try pulling vid cards one at a time. Water cooled or not youre pushing a pretty extreme OC there!!

Deadstick50

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
you dont spec your ram, and im going to guess you OC it as well as the cpu...grab a copy of memtest...burn it and boot it, see if you come up with errors.
Im guessing you've cooked either your ram or your one of your vid cards, if memtest (minimum of 2 hour run) shows good then try pulling vid cards one at a time. Water cooled or not youre pushing a pretty extreme OC there!!

Solution

Atotalnoob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
mmm, found the problem... Catalyst had the fan at 50% and the temp was 74... I watched it and when it went to 75 I crashed, so I set the fan to 75%... fine now

I remember the good ol' days when there were 30 replies in 2 seconds... XD