Sign in with
Your question

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe green light no beeps

Last response: in Motherboards
February 12, 2012 8:46:33 AM

already went through the check list and then some.(to save you a step in asking.

i have currently have this issue. i have had this board since it first hit the market. bought a working DFI expert tested all components, ie mem,cpu hdd, gpus,psu all are in good working order. pc speaker beeps on dfi board not on asus. i saw i had a bad cap, bought a used non working asus a8n32 sli deluxe identical to mine, and replaced the bad cap with a good one.also new cmos battery.

tested it on bench in box, by its self nothing installed on it, no beeps, just green light.then i tried cpu and fan. powered on. results green light, fan spins, no beeps. no post.

only thing it leads me to is bios chip, N or S bridge. and i tried bios chip from non working board i bought for the cap that went bad.i dont over clock, adjusted mem in bios to correct timing and voltage.

machine has been stable since day of build in 2005.

any ideas or suggestions or exact answer would be greatly appreciated.and thank in advanced. would like to get the motherboard back on its feet, dont like the DFI to much.it lacks things i use on the a8n32 sli. IE:esata, double raid chips, with raid other than 0,1.

system: asus a8n32 sli deluxe
4 G- ddr400 g.skills
amd 64 x2 4800 manchester
2-BFG 6800 GTX
sound blaster Xfi Elite
2-WD raptors 300G
Enermax Liberty 650W
koolance exos-2 750w cooling
(cpu, 2-gpu, 4-mem, 2-hdd) all on cooler.
Case Fans-1-front, 2-rear

Bios chip 1009, and tried bios chip 1103

Power supply is acceptable for my system by asus and koolance.

Thanks Chem
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 12, 2012 2:05:34 PM

Is the GPU power cable plugged in?

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 12, 2012 2:06:39 PM

Unplug the power, and remove the GPU and RAM and PCI parts and place them back and see if its fixed.
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 12, 2012 2:07:10 PM

February 13, 2012 5:49:57 AM

ok please read my whole post before submitting. i appreciate and understand your giving your free time to help.but redundancy is a waste.

nikorr :
Is the GPU power cable plugged in.

CHEM:
tested it on bench in box, by its self nothing installed on it, no beeps, just green light.then i tried cpu and fan. powered on. results green light, fan spins, no beeps.
no post.

nikorr :
Unplug the power, and remove the GPU and RAM and PCI parts and place them back and see if its fixed.

CHEM:
tested it on bench in box, by its self nothing installed on it, no beeps, just green light.then i tried cpu and fan. powered on. results green light, fan spins, no beeps.
no post.

I been through all those options and ideas. but could use help determing if bios chip or N/S bridge is common issuses with this board. tried another bios chip didnt seem to make a difference.

so my Question would be.
only thing it leads me to is bios chip, N or S bridge. and i tried bios chip from non working board i bought for the cap that went bad.i dont over clock, adjusted mem in bios to correct timing and voltage.

February 24, 2012 1:08:40 AM

CHEMLIGHT said:
already went through the check list and then some.(to save you a step in asking.

i have currently have this issue. i have had this board since it first hit the market. bought a working DFI expert tested all components, ie mem,cpu hdd, gpus,psu all are in good working order. pc speaker beeps on dfi board not on asus. i saw i had a bad cap, bought a used non working asus a8n32 sli deluxe identical to mine, and replaced the bad cap with a good one.also new cmos battery.

tested it on bench in box, by its self nothing installed on it, no beeps, just green light.then i tried cpu and fan. powered on. results green light, fan spins, no beeps. no post.

machine has been stable since day of build in 2005.

any ideas or suggestions or exact answer would be greatly appreciated.and thank in advanced. would like to get the motherboard back on its feet, dont like the DFI to much.it lacks things i use on the a8n32 sli. IE:esata, double raid chips, with raid other than 0,1.

system: asus a8n32 sli deluxe
4 G- ddr400 g.skills
amd 64 x2 4800 manchester
2-BFG 6800 GTX
sound blaster Xfi Elite
2-WD raptors 300G
Enermax Liberty 650W
koolance exos-2 750w cooling
(cpu, 2-gpu, 4-mem, 2-hdd) all on cooler.
Case Fans-1-front, 2-rear

Power supply is acceptable for my system by asus and koolance.

Thanks Chem

Its the north bridge chipset, over time the solder disconnects! I just baked afew back to life in my oven . 2 out of 3 worked! for how long I have no idea.. if you try to bake yours remove all heat sinks blow off all dust!! preheat oven to 289 make lil tinfoil balls place between mobo and baking pan and bake for ten min no longer let cool, I repeated the process 3 times for each board!
March 8, 2012 12:47:12 PM

Hmm... Ok Thanks Shellbot ill give it a try.sorry been at work for 3 weeks and had no net.
!