Sign in with
Your question

Athlon II x4 635 (2.9ghz) bottleneck?

Last response: in CPUs
June 11, 2011 11:45:36 PM

Im going to order a GTX570 because the card i have now (radeon hd 5450) is not handling the games I want to play. Im mainly doing this for battlefield 3 because that game i want so badly. But my question is, will my Athlon II bottleneck the GTX570?
Thanks in advance for your answers
a b à CPUs
June 11, 2011 11:54:47 PM

Hi Talishmar!
yes, it would bottleneck.But you would still see an increase in Frame rates.
m
l
June 11, 2011 11:56:40 PM

How much would it bottleneck? I know ill see an increase in framerate because my card now sucks (lol) but i dont want to buy the card if it bottlenecks too much
m
l
Related resources
June 12, 2011 12:07:12 AM

That was the kind of answer i was looking for, thank you.
So do you think that card would even be worth buying for me?
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 12, 2011 12:09:22 AM

talishmar said:

Well yes, even if you did buy the gpu you could use it for 4 or 5 years.Not only that you could also bring it on install it on another computer.You wont lose money at all.Just take proper cleaning on all your hardware and that gpu will last many years.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 12, 2011 12:10:37 AM

talishmar said:

Sorry again its hard to find a bottleneck benchmark but the more power the gpu uses the more obvious the bottleneck would become and the more of a difference you would see in the power of the cpu.
m
l
June 12, 2011 12:14:37 AM

Thank you so much, That was the only thing i was worried about. I'm gonna buy that card still. everything else in the computer is just fine for that card, thanks again
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 12, 2011 12:26:47 AM

talishmar said:
Thank you so much, That was the only thing i was worried about. I'm gonna buy that card still. everything else in the computer is just fine for that card, thanks again

No problem!
Just remember to maintain a good clean pc.And always clean the pc of the accumulated dust.
m
l
March 16, 2013 5:11:22 PM

talishmar said:
Im going to order a GTX570 because the card i have now (radeon hd 5450) is not handling the games I want to play. Im mainly doing this for battlefield 3 because that game i want so badly. But my question is, will my Athlon II bottleneck the GTX570?
Thanks in advance for your answers

i disagree that it would bottleneck. the i5 2500k is a much better faster cpu. you would see an fps increase going to an i7 3.6 from the i5. i would oc the cpu some and you will be good

m
l
a c 866 à CPUs
March 16, 2013 7:19:44 PM

It will bottleneck but overclocking the X4 (will need after market cooler) will minimize that.
m
l
March 16, 2013 8:12:32 PM

rolli59 said:
It will bottleneck but overclocking the X4 (will need after market cooler) will minimize that.

Bottleneck would be very small and u can over clock .3 ghz just with the stock cooler
m
l
a c 866 à CPUs
March 16, 2013 8:16:47 PM

jaretstuff said:
rolli59 said:

Bottleneck would be very small and u can over clock .3 ghz just with the stock cooler

Depending on individual CPU, they are not all created even and my experience with 955BE is that an x4 needs about 3.5GHz + to keep up with powerful GPU solutions, in my case HD7850.
m
l
!