Tell me this is not True.. Canon Pro 1 and Filters..

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,nz.comp (More info?)

That you can't use a filter with the Lens Hood..?
2 answers Last reply
More about tell true canon filters
  1. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,nz.comp (More info?)

    Sorry, but true. Also, the lens hood creates a shadow on close-up shots
    with flash. You have to remove it.

    <puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message

    > That you can't use a filter with the Lens Hood..?

  2. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,nz.comp (More info?)

    No - Not true...

    You CAN use a lens hood with filter attached, but not the one supplied.
    Find a lens hood with a 58mm thread and simply attach it to the filter.
    Forget the built in flash though. You'll need more height to avoid shadows
    from the lens hood.

    JT

    "Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry, but true. Also, the lens hood creates a shadow on close-up shots
    > with flash. You have to remove it.
    >

    > <puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> That you can't use a filter with the Lens Hood..?

Filter Photo Canon Cameras