Asus 6870 vs XFX 6870 vs Sapphire 6870

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi guys, I wanted to ask you which brand would you go for?... I'm thinking on buying a new graphics card, and I decided to go for the new 6870 from AMD, but I can't decide which brand could be the best.

Asus card is all aluminum so it is supposed to be cooler than the other ones.
Sapphire comes with lots of accessories.
XFX well, everyone knows its a very good brand.

So I want to know your opinion, Pros and Cons of buying each brand and which one would you choose if you were going to buy a AMD 6870 card.

Thanks.

Solution
XFX - Pro: Double lifetime warranty if you ever want to sell it. Also they are a pretty decent company overall.
- Con: No voltage tweaking to my knowledge so overclocking overall, then again 6870 doesn't OC much. They don't have custom 6870 coolers so they'll run hot-ish.

Sapphire - Pro: Good well respected company, custom coolers. Trixx or something like that for Sapphire card OCing, and also pretty decent overall company.
Con - Meh when it comes to support. They're alright, not as good as XFX to my knowledge.

Asus - Pro: Assured voltage tweaking, OC's great. Custom cooler is the best of best. (Not sure how it compares to the Sapphire non ref) The DirectCu is my choice but a biased opinion. Runs cool.
Con - Warranty isn't as good as...

willmalcom

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I'd get Gigabyte. They've never let me down.
XFX made and continued to sell bad 5770;s and I had warranty issues with them.
Others swear by XFX.
Of your list I would go:
ASUS
Sapphire
XFX

XFX - Pro: Double lifetime warranty if you ever want to sell it. Also they are a pretty decent company overall.
- Con: No voltage tweaking to my knowledge so overclocking overall, then again 6870 doesn't OC much. They don't have custom 6870 coolers so they'll run hot-ish.

Sapphire - Pro: Good well respected company, custom coolers. Trixx or something like that for Sapphire card OCing, and also pretty decent overall company.
Con - Meh when it comes to support. They're alright, not as good as XFX to my knowledge.

Asus - Pro: Assured voltage tweaking, OC's great. Custom cooler is the best of best. (Not sure how it compares to the Sapphire non ref) The DirectCu is my choice but a biased opinion. Runs cool.
Con - Warranty isn't as good as XFX, Asus seems to be alright at customer service, but again. Not as good as XFX.

Solution

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010