Sign in with
Your question

Are these good temperatures?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 7, 2011 5:49:34 AM

I have Two GIGABYTE HD 5870's in CF and I manually set the fan speed to 75% in the CCC. My idle temps are about 35 *C and the load temps are almost 60 *C. Are those good temps for those cards, or should I turn the fan speed up to 80 or 85%?

My cards have not been overclocked. They have the aftermarket GIGABYTE "inclined coolers" attached to them.

More about : good temperatures

January 7, 2011 6:27:40 AM

They seem to be fine, they are in the acceptable range, plus take into account ambient temperature, it can change up and down, but those temps are acceptable you fan is fine how it is.
m
l
January 7, 2011 1:51:54 PM

I wouldnt even think about it until I reached 85C - and the cards automatically throttle down around 95-100C. Graphics cards run much hotter than other computer components.

Go play your game.
m
l
Related resources
a c 191 U Graphics card
January 7, 2011 4:53:46 PM

Those are very good temperatures and should help to extend the life of the cards, so no worries there, mate.
Not so sure about your long term hearing though ;) 
m
l
January 8, 2011 1:37:09 AM

coozie7 said:
Those are very good temperatures and should help to extend the life of the cards, so no worries there, mate.
Not so sure about your long term hearing though ;) 

The cooling fans on both of my cards at 75% are barely audible. Not any louder than the case fans or any of the other fans inside my computer.

Why do graphics cards run so much hotter than any other PC component?
m
l
!