Sign in with
Your question

Having power on problem

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 12, 2011 3:55:32 AM

hi,

i have an acer aspire desktop AM3400 U2052 with 6gb ram@2.8ghz w/640gb hdd and an amd ati radeon hd 5450 graphic card that came in it.i think the motherboard is a biostar 880g phenom II x4 quad core and the cpu is a 820 so i took my pc to a repair shop because the power light on top of the case wouldn't come on but everything else did like the fans and the other lights in the front.would anyone happen to know why this could happen.the repair guy told me it's my cpu so i ordered a much better one like the amd phenom II x4 955 black edition at 3.2ghz.would this new cpu be compatible with the stock micro atx motherboard with a am3 socket.i have been doing alot research about the compatibility with the new cpu and the stock motherboard i just want to know what you guys think about this.thanks

More about : power problem

a b à CPUs
June 12, 2011 4:26:30 AM

It does use an AM3 socket, so no reason that shouldn't work.
You seem a little mixed up with your terminology. Phenom II x4 refers only to the CPU, and 880g is the chipset of the motherboard.
m
l
June 12, 2011 4:31:46 AM

thank you for the response.i knew what they were but i just had them backwards.i just been reading up on them just to make sure they were compatible together.
m
l
!