Sign in with
Your question

What is better then a Integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200??

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 7, 2011 8:14:22 AM

i plan to get a new computer and im wondering whats better then my current graphic card, which is a radeon xpress 200. im able to play stuff like mass effect, world of warcraft, runes of magic, spore, crossfire, combate arms, maplestory, command and conqure games, warcraft 3, perfect world and other games flawlessly on lowest graphics with this card

which is better then my xpress 200

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE

or

ATI Radeon HD 4200

More about : integrated ati radeon xpress 200

a c 376 U Graphics card
January 7, 2011 8:22:25 AM

The HD4200 is the definitely the best out of what you mentioned. If you are into gaming though it would make much more sense to get a real video card. Even something quite cheap will easily beat any integrated graphics.
m
l
January 7, 2011 8:22:34 AM

ATI HD4200 is newer and better if you can say better to smth which is good only for seeing movies... If you want to play games buy at least a GT240 GDDR5... better buy a MB without integrated GPU and then buy a 9600GT SH...
m
l
Related resources
January 7, 2011 8:26:19 AM

i only own a computer for gameing reasons, my radean xpress 200 has done great for it and hasnt ever let me down till recently but if i HAD no choice but to get the NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE how much better or worse is it then my xpress 200?
m
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
January 7, 2011 8:35:42 AM

Forget about the 6150. The HD4200 is much, much faster. I'm not sure why you would just go with integrated graphics if you "only own a computer for gameing reasons" but at least go for the faster IGP.
m
l
January 7, 2011 9:37:34 AM

Now really you should buy at least a HD4670 or a 9600GT if you want gaming...
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
January 7, 2011 12:59:53 PM

See following review for some benchmarks of the ATI Radeon HD 4200 (AMD 785G chipset). The review uses medium or low graphics quality settings depending on the game.

The testbed is as follows:
AMD-785G Testbed

AMD Athlon II X2 250
ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO motherboard (AMD 785G chipset)
Catalyst 8.634 Beta
4GB (4x2GB) OCZ Reaper HPC PC31600
150GB Western Digital Raptor

Review:
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/amd_785g_performanc...

As you can see even installing a cheap HD 4350 video will give you better performance.
m
l
January 7, 2011 1:01:25 PM

thanks for all the info guys, i dont need to know about other graphic cards cuz im not buying a graphjic card im buying a pre made computer from best buy and i just gave the options of the computers im able to get, so no reason in telling me about other cards

plus if your saying both graphic cards are better then my xpress 200 then honestly for me its a win win either way i go
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
January 7, 2011 1:04:15 PM

You can always install a card yourself or you can have BestBuy (Geek Squad) do it for an additional charge.
m
l
January 7, 2011 1:06:39 PM

good idea maybe ill talk to them about it, my current computer has 980MB of ram and the oens im looking at both have 5gig ram so its highly better then my computer
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
January 7, 2011 1:12:03 PM

^^^

Okay. If you do decide to buy video card, you can always come back to this forum and ask for help on how to install it. It's pretty easy and it will be free of charge; unlike Geek Squad.

In fact, here's a video from YouTube on how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMpylOUM9k

Which computer are you looking at?
m
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
January 7, 2011 3:00:10 PM

tjhall1000 said:
plus if your saying both graphic cards are better then my xpress 200 then honestly for me its a win win either way i go

That is not what is being said. These are not actually video cards you are talking about but graphics built into the motherboard. The 6150 is roughly similar in performance to xpress 200 while the HD4200 is vastly superior to either of those; over twice as fast If you are going to stick with the IGP then definitely go for the HD4200.
If you are willing to spend some extra money on a real video card(highly recommended) then the onboard video doesn't really matter. Even a card for about $50 will be much better than any IGP. For example this card;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Is cheap and will run any current game on respectable settings at low resolutions. If you are willing to spend more then there are better options. Installing a card is very easy so don't have any worries about that. You just take off the side of the case and put it in a slot basically.
m
l
January 7, 2011 6:08:23 PM

You might also consider looking at some other retailers. In my experience, I have found Best Buy to be over priced with crappy service. Even a store like Walmart is probably a better deal. But an online retailer would probably be best.

Just make sure whatever you decide on has at least 4Gb of RAM and a dual-core(or better) CPU. Anything less than that would be almost unusable in today's world (at least for me).
m
l
January 8, 2011 8:55:32 AM

oh i jsut thought of somethign else i can ask....

the computers that have these graphic cards, that im looking at to buy them... both only cost like 400 bucks... both have about 6 gig ram and DDR3 and quad cored, but the thing is their referbished....

should i trust a referbished computer? are they safe?
m
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
January 8, 2011 12:32:57 PM

Refurbished is probably ok. I would want a decent warranty at least though.

subasteve5800 said:
You might also consider looking at some other retailers. In my experience, I have found Best Buy to be over priced with crappy service. Even a store like Walmart is probably a better deal. But an online retailer would probably be best.

I agree. For computer components Best Buy is usually the opposite of what their name would have you believe.
m
l
!