Drop whom for Sarevok?

presto

Distinguished
May 30, 2002

I've just defeated Irenicus and am about to start the ToB section of the
game. I understand that Sarevok will be a choice for an NPC at the start of
ToB.

Currently here is the layout of my party:

My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)
Imoen
Jaheira
Korgan
Minsc
Anomen

Who would be the best PC to drop in favour of Sarevok? I'm thinking Korgan,
but I'd like a second / third / fourth opinion / whatever.

--
==========
Are you a RPG Player?

"Presto" <donotuse@thisaddress.no> wrote in message news:<AuACc.9347$vO1.77370@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...
> I've just defeated Irenicus and am about to start the ToB section of the
> game. I understand that Sarevok will be a choice for an NPC at the start of
> ToB.
>
> Currently here is the layout of my party:
>
> My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)
> Imoen
> Jaheira
> Korgan
> Minsc
> Anomen
>

> Who would be the best PC to drop in favour of Sarevok? I'm thinking Korgan,
> but I'd like a second / third / fourth opinion / whatever.

First (and best) option: Korgan - Saverok is a better tank, and you'll
have enough equipment for him by the time you can get him.
Second: Minsc, but only if you don't use him for his ranger abilities,
but as a tank..

rathorne

Presto wrote:
> I've just defeated Irenicus and am about to start the ToB section of the
> game. I understand that Sarevok will be a choice for an NPC at the start of
> ToB.
>
> Currently here is the layout of my party:
>
> My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)
> Imoen
> Jaheira
> Korgan
> Minsc
> Anomen
>

> Who would be the best PC to drop in favour of Sarevok? I'm thinking Korgan,
> but I'd like a second / third / fourth opinion / whatever.

Korgan is the one who doesn't fit into that party. Since you're female,
you probably don't want to let go of Anomen. Imoen is your primary mage
as well as being Imoen, so she's indispensable.

Korgan seems the best choice to drop, yes.

"Presto" <donotuse@thisaddress.no> wrote in message
> I've just defeated Irenicus and am about to start the ToB section of the
> game. I understand that Sarevok will be a choice for an NPC at the start
of
> ToB.

Not obligatory ! First time through I put him in the team, after
that I told him to go away and kept my old team intact.

--
Edward Cowling - London - UK

Seconded.

DH

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> skrev i melding
> Presto wrote:
> > I've just defeated Irenicus and am about to start the ToB section of the
> > game. I understand that Sarevok will be a choice for an NPC at the
start of
> > ToB.
> >
> > Currently here is the layout of my party:
> >
> > My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)
> > Imoen
> > Jaheira
> > Korgan
> > Minsc
> > Anomen
> >

> > Who would be the best PC to drop in favour of Sarevok? I'm thinking
Korgan,
> > but I'd like a second / third / fourth opinion / whatever.
>
> Korgan is the one who doesn't fit into that party. Since you're female,
> you probably don't want to let go of Anomen. Imoen is your primary mage
> as well as being Imoen, so she's indispensable.
>
> Korgan seems the best choice to drop, yes.

"Presto" <donotuse@thisaddress.no> wrote in message
> I've just defeated Irenicus and am about to start the ToB section of the
> game. I understand that Sarevok will be a choice for an NPC at the start
of
> ToB.
>
> Currently here is the layout of my party:
>
> My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)
> Imoen
> Jaheira
> Korgan
> Minsc
> Anomen
>

> Who would be the best PC to drop in favour of Sarevok? I'm thinking
Korgan,
> but I'd like a second / third / fourth opinion / whatever.

RCV: Not much choice really - lose the druid. Your brother is a better
fighter than her and Anomen fills the Priest spot already. His Animate Dead
spells are lower level than her Summon Elementals and the Skeletal Warrior
is easily comparable to elementals.....

Rich

"Presto" <donotuse@thisaddress.no> wrote in message

> Currently here is the layout of my party:
>
> My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)

RCV: Not really a mistake... the only class which I would call a mistake
is Wizard Slayer - what little they get as abilities is not in any way
balanced by what they lose.

While a triple class progresses more slowly, you do get a wide range of
abilities, and you don't have to run with a full party, since you cover
three "slots", and can thus get more XP between fewer people.

Given how many thieves there are in the game though, [and the fact that
one wants to take Jan for the comments and the skills, and then Imoen of
course, who covers all of the thievery needed] were I going to play a triple
class it would be a Cleric/Fighter/Magic User - dual wield Crom Feyr and the
Flail of the Ages plus nearly every spell in the game! Boooo yah..... :)
Now if only you could be a Cleric/RANGER/Magic User.......

Rich

"Cool Hand" <fake@mail.com> wrote in message news:<cberfr$9io$1@news.tdcnorge.no>...
> Seconded.

Thirded.

Motion is passed.

> DH
>
> "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> skrev i melding
> > Presto wrote:
> > > I've just defeated Irenicus and am about to start the ToB section of the
> > > game. I understand that Sarevok will be a choice for an NPC at the
> start of
> > > ToB.
> > >
> > > Currently here is the layout of my party:
> > >
> > > My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)
> > > Imoen
> > > Jaheira
> > > Korgan
> > > Minsc
> > > Anomen
> > >

> > > Who would be the best PC to drop in favour of Sarevok? I'm thinking
> Korgan,
> > > but I'd like a second / third / fourth opinion / whatever.
> >
> > Korgan is the one who doesn't fit into that party. Since you're female,
> > you probably don't want to let go of Anomen. Imoen is your primary mage
> > as well as being Imoen, so she's indispensable.
> >
> > Korgan seems the best choice to drop, yes.

"Presto" <donotuse@thisaddress.no> wrote in message
> My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)
> Imoen
> Jaheira
> Korgan
> Minsc
> Anomen
>

> Who would be the best PC to drop in favour of Sarevok? I'm thinking
Korgan,
> but I'd like a second / third / fourth opinion / whatever.

I wouldn't drop Imoen. Insect Plague, I mean Jaheira, is something
you should keep. Anomen is great, despite his naysayers.

So, that leaves the fighters

Korgan would really hate your group, which (I guess) is a reason
to keep him due to the nice banters - but he's my choice to drop.

unless you're asking strictly from a powergaming basis.

then I say drop Minsc. Three fighters just aren't necessary at all -
Korgan and his saving rolls and beserker immunities and Sarevok with
his full spec and deathbringer assault will prove more valuable than Minsc.

bill

"Rich C. Velay" <RCVelay@remove.this.shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<KeICc.842065$Pk3.110347@pd7tw1no>...
> "Presto" <donotuse@thisaddress.no> wrote in message
> >
> > Currently here is the layout of my party:
> >
> > My PC is a female elf Fighter / Mage / Thief (Probably a mistake I know)
>
> RCV: Not really a mistake... the only class which I would call a mistake
> is Wizard Slayer - what little they get as abilities is not in any way
> balanced by what they lose.
>
> While a triple class progresses more slowly, you do get a wide range of
> abilities, and you don't have to run with a full party, since you cover
> three "slots", and can thus get more XP between fewer people.
>
> Given how many thieves there are in the game though, [and the fact that
> one wants to take Jan for the comments and the skills, and then Imoen of
> course, who covers all of the thievery needed] were I going to play a triple
> class it would be a Cleric/Fighter/Magic User - dual wield Crom Feyr and the
> Flail of the Ages plus nearly every spell in the game! Boooo yah..... :)
> Now if only you could be a Cleric/RANGER/Magic User.......
>
> Rich

What race can be a Cleric/Fighter/Mage in BG2?

Bill

"Bill" <bcouch@completeprogrammer.net> wrote in message
> > Given how many thieves there are in the game though, [and the fact
that
> > one wants to take Jan for the comments and the skills, and then Imoen of
> > course, who covers all of the thievery needed] were I going to play a
triple
> > class it would be a Cleric/Fighter/Magic User - dual wield Crom Feyr and
the
> > Flail of the Ages plus nearly every spell in the game! Boooo yah.....
:)
> > Now if only you could be a Cleric/RANGER/Magic User.......
> >
> > Rich
>
> What race can be a Cleric/Fighter/Mage in BG2?

RCV: Half-Elf. The "nearly anything" race of AD&D.... :) More
multi-class combinations than anyone else.

Rich

TRENDING THREADS