Just built it, minor problems need fixing.

From_Canada

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Okay so i just finished building my first PC, and everything is running pretty good, as far as i can tell. I installed all the drivers for motherboard except one. The last one on this page wouldn't install. It told me that my computer didn't meet the minimum requirements. I don't have a RAID setup, so is that why i can't install it?

After i finished installing the rest of the drivers, i checked device manager and noticed that only one had the yellow exclamation mark, "Other Devices: Ethernet Controller". Where can i find the necessary driver for this problem? I googled it but couldn't find a definitive answer.

And one more thing, I haven't run Prime95 yet, but i took a look at CoreTemps and at idle (0% CPU usage?) it's stating an average temp of 22-23C. But when in my BIOS, it says the temp of the CPU is at around 44C. Which one should i trust?

Hopefully you guys can help me out.

i5 2500k
MSI P67A-GD65
EVGA GeForce GTX 570
Cosair TX750W
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3 8GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200rpm
ASUS optical drive
HAF 922

Solution
To install the driver, "right click"" on the exclamation point and select "Update driver ", then select "browse my computer for driver", then select the root directory of your driver disk (probably D:\ or E:\) as the source. And your Prime95 temps are fine.

Theres a free app called "Speedfan" that seems to give the most reliable core temp readings. You should have no trouble finding it.

The New Number Two

thenewnumber2

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
To install the driver, "right click"" on the exclamation point and select "Update driver ", then select "browse my computer for driver", then select the root directory of your driver disk (probably D:\ or E:\) as the source. And your Prime95 temps are fine.

Theres a free app called "Speedfan" that seems to give the most reliable core temp readings. You should have no trouble finding it.

The New Number Two

Solution