Help pls

NisDe

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
I'm using the g33/g31 intel(r) express chipset family and i would like to buy a video card so that i can play most of the games,i was wondering if u can help me?Not too expensive though

g048989h

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Need more info. Need motherboard mfg, if you have PCIe slot, and what you cpu is as well as what your Power Supply is, how many watts, mfg etc.

rockyjohn

Distinguished
Also what games you want to play, what settings, what monitor resolution, what budget.

To get started, you might want to take a look at upgradevideocards.com. In addition to a lot of information about video cards, they have a page about defining what you want and need in a system - your special features and system requirements.

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/criteria.html

You might also start by looking at the THG review of best cards for different budget levels:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-radeon-hd-6870-geforce-gtx-570,2834.html

Once you have a better idea, people here can help you narrow it down further, make sure it works with your system, and maybe even recommend some good deals.

dakimaz

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
we need more info than that mate, games don't solemnly run based on your graphic card.
CPU speed ? - and how many cores
RAM ? how much, and what frequency?
Hard drives (with focus on the RPM)
and like Rockyjohn said, what games, is it pacman or crysis 2?
what budget do you have? 10$ 500$ ? "not too expensive" is based on where you're from
also, most graphic cards nowadays (the good ones) needs 6pin-8pin power plugins (or mine that need 2x6pins each), so you might want to check if your power supply has that as well.

NisDe

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
CPU speed 2.5 GHz,Cores:2
RAM:4 gb ddr2
DRAM frequency: 399 MHz
HDD: 80gb
well games like cs to have fps 100,idk which because i didnt have the chance to play more games...
about 100$ i will change my power supply,thats not a big problem