When Monitor switched back on n"No Signal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieFlyer

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
Hello,
Just installed an ASUS VW222U on my old Pentium 4 Dell (Win XP)using digital connection. Works fine but if I turn off the monitor and later turn it on there is no signal from the Dell PC to the ASUS monitor. The old Dell monitor works fine after a power cycle and the ASUS monitor works fine after a power cycle on my Core 2 Duo machine (Vista). I don't have power saving on in the Dell. It is running after the monitor has its power turned off but has to be re-booted to see the ASUS monitor.

Solution
Very strange, i had similar problem last year with my old Pentium 3 and a new TFT LG 22'' analog monitor (sister old pc for chat, music,..)

It worked fine, but when pc went to standby, there was a message on monitor no signal. I fixed the problem, but honestly i don't remember what was wrong. I think i changed the graphic card or i did some Bios tweaking (power savings settings)... If this helps you even a little great, if not, sorry mate...

adampcman

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Very strange, i had similar problem last year with my old Pentium 3 and a new TFT LG 22'' analog monitor (sister old pc for chat, music,..)

It worked fine, but when pc went to standby, there was a message on monitor no signal. I fixed the problem, but honestly i don't remember what was wrong. I think i changed the graphic card or i did some Bios tweaking (power savings settings)... If this helps you even a little great, if not, sorry mate...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.