Sign in with
Your question

($500-$700) Budget Gaming/Music WrkStatn

Last response: in Systems
March 12, 2011 9:38:06 PM

Please Help! I need a good PC fast! To cut right to the chase I have included the "recommended builds by usage" form (See below...) I also have included as much information about my interests and computer usage as possible. Key points are bold and/or underlined. to show importance and make it easier for those of you who just want my usage info for a speedy build compilation. Items in italic are areas that I'm willing to discuss further with anyone willing to lend advice, tips, pointers, do's and dont's. ANY IDEAS/RECOMMENDATIONS are welcome!! [/quote] MANY MANY THANK YOU'S IN ADVANCE!!! Being the team player that I am, I will be more than happy to share the finished project with you all complete with benchmark tests, screenshots, etc. I know all you experts love that stuff as do I and want to learn more!!!!! [/quote]

Here is my usage information...

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP!!! However, I could/would wait for better/cheaper components, new & updated tech, etc(Could even set

Budget Range:$500-700] I'd like to stay within that range the best I can however I am willing to sacrifice certain components for a cheaper build however still maintaining flexibility. Also could, if priced a bit higher than budget, buy parts separately over the course of a few weeks or so. w

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Pro Quality Music Production/Recording Primary usage will be for Studio Recording and Production. Info about soundcards and such is not needed but welcome. , Gaming(High enough quality to run new games(incl. up and coming such as Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2, etc. at Moderate to High Settings without too many hiccups), Some Graphic design(ie photoshop).

Parts Not Required: Accesories (Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers, etc) Rather what I do need is an entirely new build from the ground up. Parts to include in build: Mobo, CPU, GPU, HDD, SDD*, etc. Basically all the necessary components that would go into a budget gaming/workstation build.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com or tigerdirect.com

Country of Origin: U.S.

Parts Preferences: CPU: AMD (Phenom ii - quad or better), or Intel (interested in the Sandy Bridge options) i3, i5, i7

Overclocking: yes

SLI or Crossfire: yes

Monitor Resolution: 1440x900 (own a basic monitor) maybe want to upgrade? not right now but in the future to use on this build. unless one can be obtained to fit in with this build/budget.

Additional Comments: I realize I'm asking a lot for not a very big budget but lets see what you guys can come up with! I'm totally open for any ideas! Any questions or anything I missed let me know!

BEST POSSIBLE BUDGET BUILD(s) THAT IS RELIABLE AND WILL LAST(IS UPGRADABLE/FUTURE PROOF
!