Mac gaming is better or worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I use Mac for everyday life stuff, and Windows exclusevely for gaming.

At the time of XP, I did gaming on it cause of EAX. I also game on vista becaseu of alchemy. However, now I, need to get windows 7 to play the latest games and update the hardware. Um not sure if its worth the money as I currently own a nice Mac.

How does Eax works with windows 7? Does it make any diference in Sound quality playing the same game on a MAC? I use 2.1 speakrs, I dont need 3D sound, but I like those "in a cave" effect. Will I get those on MAC? where I can find frame rates benchmarks as well?

Solution
Windows will game a bit better because more games are made for it. However I don't think there is an OS factor when it comes to the same game, rather the hardware the PC/Mac uses. I'm sure both comps had a 5870 and an i7 950, same ram, same etc. It'd game practically the same.
Windows will game a bit better because more games are made for it. However I don't think there is an OS factor when it comes to the same game, rather the hardware the PC/Mac uses. I'm sure both comps had a 5870 and an i7 950, same ram, same etc. It'd game practically the same.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.