Labor Camps are near useless if you capture quick

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2005 3:07:46 PM

I liked the EE because it was a balanced Race, they had bad sides and good
sides.

I neglegted their growth rate because its simply not the way to make money
outof taxes with them.

But after playing them for 22 Turns in an new compain I came too the
conclusion, if i did not have the luck to have some
Planets with good contraband, I would be lost ALTHOUGH I have Tons of
Prisoners...but the simply Produce nothing.

I a EE empire manages to capture HWs without killing Colonists because the
overpower the enemy and mange to do this by
not destroying many Enemy ships they get practically nothing.

I heard that the labor camps work only 80 percent of the time ... I find
this devestating.

My suggestion is to at least let them work 50 % of the time and make the
riots dependant on troops/HG that guard those Prisoners.
Maybe let the EE only get 2 or 3 times the normal rate for Prisoners, but
increase the possibility, because if a labor camp gives you 4x or 10x
doesn't matter
If you never get them to work.

Puuuh, I had to let this out...

What do others think ?

Greetings,
splitted
July 1, 2005 3:07:47 PM

The trick is to make more bad blood between you and your prisoners. How
you do this is to drop about 10,000 or so prisoner colonist or crew on
a planet without a base, wait a turn drop an assault pod and kill or
capture the new enemy base. Do this every so often and you will find
the labor camps working 80% of the time.

Splitted wrote:
> I liked the EE because it was a balanced Race, they had bad sides and good
> sides.
>
> I neglegted their growth rate because its simply not the way to make money
> outof taxes with them.
>
> But after playing them for 22 Turns in an new compain I came too the
> conclusion, if i did not have the luck to have some
> Planets with good contraband, I would be lost ALTHOUGH I have Tons of
> Prisoners...but the simply Produce nothing.
>
> I a EE empire manages to capture HWs without killing Colonists because the
> overpower the enemy and mange to do this by
> not destroying many Enemy ships they get practically nothing.
>
> I heard that the labor camps work only 80 percent of the time ... I find
> this devestating.
>
> My suggestion is to at least let them work 50 % of the time and make the
> riots dependant on troops/HG that guard those Prisoners.
> Maybe let the EE only get 2 or 3 times the normal rate for Prisoners, but
> increase the possibility, because if a labor camp gives you 4x or 10x
> doesn't matter
> If you never get them to work.
>
> Puuuh, I had to let this out...
>
> What do others think ?
>
> Greetings,
> splitted
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:07:47 PM

I had similar problems. But, hm, labor camps were something over the
top before. Especially in the situation you describe, where you succeed
in capturing an enemies homeworld. This can be done easily if you know
what you are doing, and the enemy doesn't. So I have not made up my
mind yet if labor camps were downgraded too much, or if this bad blood
thing is indeed good and necessary.
At least I have not heard of any actual happening prisoner trades since
the change ;) .
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:07:47 PM

In theory? Or did you actually do this and can confirm it is working.
July 1, 2005 3:07:47 PM

Yes, as the bird men. I captured a life pod 400k of sol colonists and
set up 2 1k worth of labor camps for the longest time I was getting
nothing from them. Started droping and setting up bases using my
prisoners and taking them back. Started making money from my labor
camps right now its about 50% of the time they work.

Lord Owl wrote:
> In theory? Or did you actually do this and can confirm it is working.
July 1, 2005 3:07:47 PM

Just A Suggestion:
Ask Tim to create a new BASE command code 'CBS' => "Cruel Blood Sports"

Your Troops take 10% of the prisonors and have a day of Blood Sports.
Like the Romans in the Colosseum.

You must have at least 10% of the Prisonors in Troops (Gladiators) on
the base to organise the event.
You Lose 10% of your Prisonors.
You Lose up to 1% of your Troops (The prisonors can fight back,
depending on combat stats)
The happyness on the base increases because of the "Games".
The Bad Blood between the two races increases (depending on the number
of prisonors killed)
Some cash is also made from the Gates (depends on the number of
colonists on the base that came to watch).
(Only races with Dark powers should be allowed to have this command
code)

What an Evil Idea!!!!
Would that fix your problem?

Splitted schrieb:
> I really suggest some changes, because it is really frustrating (probably
> for Solorians, birdman etc. too)
>
> And it really seem kind of od to make worlds of your prisoners just to
> destroy them again to generate bad blood...
>
> I think enough troops and HG should be able to at least enforce the
> Prisoners to work 50 % of the time if not even more.
>
> The Bad blood think is ok if it helps you naturaly, but if you have to start
> "tweaking" with Prisonersbases being killed to increase bad blood it
> just feels not right.
>
> Suggestions ?
>
> Splitted
>
> "Lord Owl" <lord.owl@gmx.de> wrote in message
> >I had similar problems. But, hm, labor camps were something over the
> > top before. Especially in the situation you describe, where you succeed
> > in capturing an enemies homeworld. This can be done easily if you know
> > what you are doing, and the enemy doesn't. So I have not made up my
> > mind yet if labor camps were downgraded too much, or if this bad blood
> > thing is indeed good and necessary.
> > At least I have not heard of any actual happening prisoner trades since
> > the change ;) .

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:07:47 PM

I like this! :)

Acids

Doc wrote:
> Just A Suggestion:
> Ask Tim to create a new BASE command code 'CBS' => "Cruel Blood Sports"
>
> Your Troops take 10% of the prisonors and have a day of Blood Sports.
> Like the Romans in the Colosseum.
>
> You must have at least 10% of the Prisonors in Troops (Gladiators) on
> the base to organise the event.
> You Lose 10% of your Prisonors.
> You Lose up to 1% of your Troops (The prisonors can fight back,
> depending on combat stats)
> The happyness on the base increases because of the "Games".
> The Bad Blood between the two races increases (depending on the number
> of prisonors killed)
> Some cash is also made from the Gates (depends on the number of
> colonists on the base that came to watch).
> (Only races with Dark powers should be allowed to have this command
> code)
>
> What an Evil Idea!!!!
> Would that fix your problem?
>

> Splitted schrieb:
> > I really suggest some changes, because it is really frustrating (probably
> > for Solorians, birdman etc. too)
> >
> > And it really seem kind of od to make worlds of your prisoners just to
> > destroy them again to generate bad blood...
> >
> > I think enough troops and HG should be able to at least enforce the
> > Prisoners to work 50 % of the time if not even more.
> >
> > The Bad blood think is ok if it helps you naturaly, but if you have to start
> > "tweaking" with Prisonersbases being killed to increase bad blood it
> > just feels not right.
> >
> > Suggestions ?
> >
> > Splitted
> >
> > "Lord Owl" <lord.owl@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > >I had similar problems. But, hm, labor camps were something over the
> > > top before. Especially in the situation you describe, where you succeed
> > > in capturing an enemies homeworld. This can be done easily if you know
> > > what you are doing, and the enemy doesn't. So I have not made up my
> > > mind yet if labor camps were downgraded too much, or if this bad blood
> > > thing is indeed good and necessary.
> > > At least I have not heard of any actual happening prisoner trades since
> > > the change ;) .

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 6:32:24 PM

I really suggest some changes, because it is really frustrating (probably
for Solorians, birdman etc. too)

And it really seem kind of od to make worlds of your prisoners just to
destroy them again to generate bad blood...

I think enough troops and HG should be able to at least enforce the
Prisoners to work 50 % of the time if not even more.

The Bad blood think is ok if it helps you naturaly, but if you have to start
"tweaking" with Prisonersbases being killed to increase bad blood it
just feels not right.

Suggestions ?

Splitted

"Lord Owl" <lord.owl@gmx.de> wrote in message
>I had similar problems. But, hm, labor camps were something over the
> top before. Especially in the situation you describe, where you succeed
> in capturing an enemies homeworld. This can be done easily if you know
> what you are doing, and the enemy doesn't. So I have not made up my
> mind yet if labor camps were downgraded too much, or if this bad blood
> thing is indeed good and necessary.
> At least I have not heard of any actual happening prisoner trades since
> the change ;) .

July 1, 2005 9:34:28 PM

I like this as well.

"Doc" <doconnor76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just A Suggestion:
> Ask Tim to create a new BASE command code 'CBS' => "Cruel Blood Sports"
>
> Your Troops take 10% of the prisonors and have a day of Blood Sports.
> Like the Romans in the Colosseum.
>
> You must have at least 10% of the Prisonors in Troops (Gladiators) on
> the base to organise the event.
> You Lose 10% of your Prisonors.
> You Lose up to 1% of your Troops (The prisonors can fight back,
> depending on combat stats)
> The happyness on the base increases because of the "Games".
> The Bad Blood between the two races increases (depending on the number
> of prisonors killed)
> Some cash is also made from the Gates (depends on the number of
> colonists on the base that came to watch).
> (Only races with Dark powers should be allowed to have this command
> code)
>
> What an Evil Idea!!!!
> Would that fix your problem?
>

> Splitted schrieb:
> > I really suggest some changes, because it is really frustrating
(probably
> > for Solorians, birdman etc. too)
> >
> > And it really seem kind of od to make worlds of your prisoners just to
> > destroy them again to generate bad blood...
> >
> > I think enough troops and HG should be able to at least enforce the
> > Prisoners to work 50 % of the time if not even more.
> >
> > The Bad blood think is ok if it helps you naturaly, but if you have to
start
> > "tweaking" with Prisonersbases being killed to increase bad blood it
> > just feels not right.
> >
> > Suggestions ?
> >
> > Splitted
> >
> > "Lord Owl" <lord.owl@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > >I had similar problems. But, hm, labor camps were something over the
> > > top before. Especially in the situation you describe, where you
succeed
> > > in capturing an enemies homeworld. This can be done easily if you know
> > > what you are doing, and the enemy doesn't. So I have not made up my
> > > mind yet if labor camps were downgraded too much, or if this bad blood
> > > thing is indeed good and necessary.
> > > At least I have not heard of any actual happening prisoner trades
since
> > > the change ;) .

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:47:18 AM

Use "Attack and Run" to increase bad blood with such a "artificial" enemy
base. You will not kill enemy colonists every turn, but your troops will
kill the enemy colonists without you having to look after them. Cause they
will never make prisoners.
This work. Did it in a game.

Greetings
Sebastian

"redherring" <redherring25@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Yes, as the bird men. I captured a life pod 400k of sol colonists and
> set up 2 1k worth of labor camps for the longest time I was getting
> nothing from them. Started droping and setting up bases using my
> prisoners and taking them back. Started making money from my labor
> camps right now its about 50% of the time they work.
>
> Lord Owl wrote:
>> In theory? Or did you actually do this and can confirm it is working.

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 9:40:35 AM

What a great idea!
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:06:02 PM

Greetings.

Yes the EE really do need their prisoner camps working...but
to make the camps work better for every race only then gives 2 much
advantage to the other races again which also have a much higher
growth rate. The current way it works actually makes prisoners only
worth
while for the EE.

And without prisoners the EE are dead..yes my first game from
scratch..still alive without
prisoners but a sitting duck is not a good postion 2 b in.

My other EE game..second game I started from scrath, I picked up a
Crystal HW,
and a number of reasonable population minor worlds b4 the HW though.
Didnt have much bad blood still as getting thru them all minefields
took lots of turns
and was slow going so any bad blood reduced over time.

To get Bad blood, both the Solarian ally and my EE have been
slaughtering prisoners
each turn on what we call Prisoner farming worlds...and testing the use
of growing
prisoners to replace the large death rates you now get with
unproductive prisoners.

We have worked out that the Capture ground assault does more harm then
good ...
your much better off doing an attack and run before you KKK and dont
bother with
capture...unless you have a really good bad blood with that race..even
then
you should take every chance to improve your bad blood.

As a general thought, I feel, that the current prisoner system should
not be changed.
It corrects some balances in the game which were making other high
growth rate
races with prisoner camps to powerful.;

It also lowers the potential way over the top power that prisoner
taking races could
generate by easy quick HW kills in the early game...this includes the
EE.

It does swing the balance in favour of high growth races however.
...but these then produce potential prisoners......

Cheers.
Emperor Leeroy.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 7:12:39 PM

Doc <doconnor76@hotmail.com> writes
>Just A Suggestion:
>Ask Tim to create a new BASE command code 'CBS' => "Cruel Blood Sports"

Oh yes.

I stopped playing EE because I found their mobility was a problem after
the HYP changes. Hearing of these further problems with Bad Blood is
depressing.

Someone reported a few weeks ago, that the 4x labour camp income bonus
for EE no longer works. Is that true, or were they simply confused by
the Bad Blood effects?

I am adding Redherring and Sebastian's comments to my EE guide. Clever
stuff.
--
Paul Honigmann
Anonymous

I'm pretty sure the 4x labour camp income bonus still works. This is
why the EE now is the only prison-camp race that can hope to get some
money out of their prisoners.

Fabian
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 6:45:57 PM

This is just perfect !!! I really like your idea !

TIM, how do you think about it ?

Kind regards,
splitted

!