Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Motherboard good or not?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 14, 2012 3:08:33 AM

i have a q9400 intel cpu lga775 socket. Would a gigabyte ga-g41mt-s2pt lga 775 g41 micro atx intel motherboard be good for this cpu and would it be good for overclocking alittle??? My memory is 1333mhz

It its not a good mobo, can anyone point me in the right direction or a good moob

More about : motherboard good

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 14, 2012 3:23:11 AM

kyhillbilly2184 said:
i have a q9400 intel cpu lga775 socket. Would a gigabyte ga-g41mt-s2pt lga 775 g41 micro atx intel motherboard be good for this cpu and would it be good for overclocking alittle??? My memory is 1333mhz

It its not a good mobo, can anyone point me in the right direction or a good moob


Its an ok motherboard, but the ratings seem pretty low, id suggest this board or another one. The first one is an MSI board that is pretty high, and the second one is an Asus board that is also rated high and is a little more expensive, both have memory speeds limited to 1066 MHz and below, meaning they give you the buffer zone for overclocking your CPU a little to allow your memory to run at normal speeds, without pushing the memory too far over its limits.
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 196 V Motherboard
a c 227 à CPUs
February 14, 2012 3:23:33 AM

Not really a whole lot of LGA775 boards around to choose from. That one is as good as any with people saying they get decent overclocks in the reviews. P45 was always the best of the LGA775 chipsets at overclocking at least in my opinion but you can't find them anymore. It's good and cheap too so you are not putting much money in a dead socket. As long as you have a good cooler it should overclock your Q9400 fine.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b å Intel
a c 196 V Motherboard
a c 227 à CPUs
February 14, 2012 3:27:22 AM

DComander1x said:
Its an ok motherboard, but the ratings seem pretty low, id suggest this board or another one. The first one is an MSI board that is pretty high, and the second one is an Asus board that is also rated high and is a little more expensive, both have memory speeds limited to 1066 MHz and below, meaning they give you the buffer zone for overclocking your CPU a little to allow your memory to run at normal speeds, without pushing the memory too far over its limits.



Don't forget Core2 chips run best at a 1:1 FSB ratio to RAM. He will not even come close to needing DDR3 1333 speeds.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 14, 2012 3:38:16 AM

anort3 said:
Don't forget Core2 chips run best at a 1:1 FSB ratio to RAM. He will not even come close to needing DDR3 1333 speeds.


that is true, even better using a board that has memory limited to 1066 MHz, where 1333 MHz memory can tighten its timings, as its not running too hard.
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 6:44:33 AM

i apprieciate the help. many thanks
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 6:52:36 AM

anort3 said:
Don't forget Core2 chips run best at a 1:1 FSB ratio to RAM. He will not even come close to needing DDR3 1333 speeds.



I found a intel board with p45 chipset, should i go with that 1?
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 196 V Motherboard
a c 227 à CPUs
February 15, 2012 3:46:09 PM

Based on all the really bad reviews and the fact that it is more expensive than the Gigabyte I would not get it. Intel boards are also generally poor overclockers.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 6:49:31 AM

yeah i didnt care much for the reviews myself. I ended up buying a gigabyte g41mt-s2p moob
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 196 V Motherboard
a c 227 à CPUs
February 16, 2012 6:51:28 AM

Should be a decent board. Good luck.
m
0
l
!