Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LAN card damaged

Last response: in Networking
July 19, 2010 5:11:41 AM

Hello,

Eve thought the internet cable in plugged in my system shows Internet Cable un plugged. I have even formated my system and reinstall all the motherboard drivers. does this means that the LAN card is damaged?

More about : lan card damaged

July 19, 2010 6:44:53 AM

yogeshcapri said:
Hello,

Eve thought the internet cable in plugged in my system shows Internet Cable un plugged. I have even formated my system and reinstall all the motherboard drivers. does this means that the LAN card is damaged?

[#0005ff]It's worth trying a different cable first if you can borrow one - I've known far more of those to fail than PCI cards. If the card has gone West (South if you're in the US) a replacement would be quite inexpensive and easy to fit but even easier would be a wirleess USB dongle. If you have a wireless router, that's the way forward.[/#000ff]
m
l
a b X LAN
July 19, 2010 6:45:14 AM

have you checked the cable?
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2010 7:58:36 AM

My ISP says that the cable is fine. I want to know, How do I know that the LAN card is corrupt/damaged is there a way to check the LAN card without connecting the system with the internet.
m
l

Best solution

July 19, 2010 8:07:23 AM

yogeshcapri said:
My ISP says that the cable is fine. I want to know, How do I know that the LAN card is corrupt/damaged is there a way to check the LAN card without connecting the system with the internet.

How can your ISP be sure of that? I've known NICs to light up and for Device Manager to say they're working properly yet there's still no connection. That's usually where I find the cable is flawed. Sometimes, however, it's a simple matter of checking in Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab>LAN button and putting a tick in the "Automatically detect settings" box then clicking Apply and OK. Restart IE and you might get a surprise showing of your homepage.

July 29, 2010 6:09:31 AM

The problem was with the cable. Everything is working fine now. Thanks all from your precious tips and advice. :hello: 

m
l
August 10, 2010 5:47:29 AM

Best answer selected by yogeshcapri.
m
l
!