ASUS P5B ethernet

ch4os

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
hi!

I've recently installed win7 on my box which had vista (both x64) before and my onboard network adapter was working just fine
after the install windows refuses to recognize it. as i put in the topic it's an ASUS P5B, i've been to asus's driver download, tried drivers for p5b-* but apparently only this one is plagued by coreco 8129 ethernet conrolled (that's what sisoft says i have). no wonder there's no driver in win7 for realtek 8129 chip if i go to selecting the driver manually. i don't have the original packaging of the motherboard as you can imagine it's not quite new :)
any idea where i might get a driver from?

thx

ch4os

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
thanks scout_03 but on the asus page hard to follow as it was in french i managed to find the download stuff and they don't list LAN driver for win7 x64 just as they didn't list one on the english page
the realtek driver collection also gives a list which devices it supports and mine isn't on the list ... nevertheless i'll fetch it and try to make windows use it but i doubt i'll get anything but a forced reboot out of it :)
here's my sisoft sandra info about the onboard NIC

System Bus 2
Type : PCIe 1.00 x1 2.5Gbps
Multiplier : 3x
Bridge : Intel 82801H (ICH8) PCI Express Port 4
Device Connected to Port : Coreco RT8129 Fast Ethernet Adapter

update: I tried to install the driver with the setup.exe but it refused on the basis of no supported device found and i then i went to the win7\x64 folder and tried to do it manually with the .inf but nor did that work :(

ch4os

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
thank you everybody but i think i'm going to give up.... i do have another NIC in the box one which isn't this obscure and got recognized by win7 right away so i'm just gonna live with that one :)