Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Catalyst Control Center

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 8, 2011 5:28:17 PM

I just up dated my Catalyst Control Center and the video drivers for my HD3870 X2 video card. My question is as follows: I can now remove thre old version of the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) correct? Just want to make sure I am not making a mistake. I was a little suprised that the install of the new CCC did not tell me to remove the old version of CCC so thats why I ask.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2011 8:18:42 PM

CCC should have removed the older version and installed an updated version, unless there was no newer version in the driver download.
January 9, 2011 2:13:12 AM

treefrog07 said:
CCC should have removed the older version and installed an updated version, unless there was no newer version in the driver download.

Ya I thought it was kinda strange that it didn't remove the old version. I did install it on a different partition but you would think it would of searched all the partitions for an older version. Oh well. The old version was 10-02 and the new version is 10-12. Well I will go ahead and uninstall the 10-02 version from my harddrive and regester. Thanks for your reply it is greatly appreciated.

Actually as i now check the add/remove software and my hard drive it did remove the old version just didn't tell me.
Score
Related resources
January 9, 2011 7:14:01 AM

Best answer selected by Agarenas.
Score
a c 169 U Graphics card
January 9, 2011 11:11:09 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!