I want to choose a graphics card....

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuk07

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I am very confused :eek: on the discussion on pci-e 1.0 and pci-e 2.0 slots, some articles conclude positively some quite negatively, so after reading so many articles and discussions on using pci-e 2.0 card on pci-e 1.0 slot, i am concluding that my motherboard(with pci-e 1.0 slot) is going to support all types of pci-e 2.0 cards,

My mother board is ZOTAC G31 Value i know it is of very low level but can any one suggest me that whether i can use any of the following graphics cards on my mobo -
:pfff:
nVidia GeForce GT 240,
nVidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB,
ATI HD 4670 1GB,
HD 4850, HD 4770,
HD 5670,
9600 GSO,
9600 GT,
Geforce 8800 GT,
9800 GT

I know it is a long list huh :pt1cable: , but i am confused among these cards and i know some of these are DX-11, so plz give me some sort of suggestion except changing my mobo lol.... :lol:

Solution
Do you see any other +12v rails?Like +12v1/+12v2?
And is their a wattage right underneath the 12/v to say how much the 12/v rail can deliver?

Well like i was saying you could get the 5670 or you would have to upgrade your PSU to get something more powerful.If you are not thinking of upgrading your monitor anytime soon then i think you should have no problems with the 5670 and therefor wouldn't have to upgrade to a new PSU yet.
All of those cards you selected should work for your mobo depending on your power supply.

Just stay away from the 2.1 cards if you have a 1.0 mobo,their are some problems between 2.1 cards and 1.0 mobos.

Is this card for gameing?if so what games are you going to play?
What is the resoultion of your monitor?
Plz list full system specs...PSU,CPU,RAM etc.

They are mostly the same in performance.Here's a review on both the 5670 and 9800gt.

http://www.techspot.com/review/240-ati-radeon-hd-5670/page4.html

I only suggested the 5670 because it uses very little power and we don't know what type of PSU you have and if it can handle bigger cards.If you wanted to go a little bigger you could get a 5770/4850 which are equal to eachother just the 5770 has DX11.Both are a little slower than the GTX460.

Do you see any other +12v rails?Like +12v1/+12v2?
And is their a wattage right underneath the 12/v to say how much the 12/v rail can deliver?

Well like i was saying you could get the 5670 or you would have to upgrade your PSU to get something more powerful.If you are not thinking of upgrading your monitor anytime soon then i think you should have no problems with the 5670 and therefor wouldn't have to upgrade to a new PSU yet.

Solution
5570 is a good card too,i used to own one.But a 5670 is better and around the same power wise.

That would make sense if the 12/v rail only delievers 240w.Thats about half of which it says it can delievr.You would defnitly need a new PSU if you wanted a card beyond the 5670...

You can keep in touch with me through tomshardware(PM).

Yah you shouldn't get any bottleneck with the 5670.I think if you went a card higher to the 5770/460 you might start bottlenecking.But really, the 5670 is more than enough to handle 1024x786 so you should be fine.

If you can list any games you might play or do play i can give you an estimate for what type of experience you will get when using the 5670.

Status
Not open for further replies.