thegame-16

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
I just got a new computer p9x79 with nvidia 650 sli corsair ssd it was working great out of the box loaded the mother board software wanted to see what it would do if i auto over clocked it ran faster and all was still good the software said that there was a update for the bios so i downloaded it restarted the computer and thats when it stoped working it normal beep then 1 long beep and 4 short ones after that tried everything that the book said to do i also see that the boot led on the mother board is on and stays on the monitor doesnt come on with anything

Recovering the BIOS
To recover the BIOS:
1. Turn on the system.
2. Insert the motherboard support DVD to the optical drive, or the USB flash drive containing the BIOS file to the USB port.
3. The utility automatically checks the devices for the BIOS file. When found, the utility reads the BIOS file and enters ASUS EZ Flash 2 utility automatically.
4. The system requires you to enter BIOS Setup to recover BIOS setting. To ensure system compatibility and stability, we recommend that you press <F5> to load default BIOS values.