I have a GTX 580 ordered ( waiting for it...it's on backorder). Money is not really an issue for me for this card. But I am wondering if I should just cancel the order and get a 570. I won't SLI for at least a year (if ever). So should I stick with the 580? Gonna be gaming mainly. Whatever turns my crank at the moment kinda gaming, so could be anything.
6GB Corsair Dominator
XFX 850 Black Edition PSU
If money isn't an issue, then you can certainly just go ahead and get the fastest card you can buy. However, a moment of fiscal responsibility would tell you that there's a larger price difference between the GTX 580 & GTX 570 than there is performance difference.