Toshiba Tecra 2100 HD replacement problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 9, 2005 3:09:38 AM

I am trying to replace the original Hitachi 20G HD with a Toshiba MK4021GAS
40G drive.
(need to save original OS/programs/etc and be able to revert back quickly)

Bios will not recognize the 40G drive, but drive works fine in USB caddy,
and I can format, etc. with XP on a desktop
machine.

Electical specs appear nearly the same on both drives (origianl 20G uses
MORE power)

There are no jumpers set on either drive.

Any ideas?
April 9, 2005 8:44:31 AM

Bill <wmlambert_at_comcast_dot_net> wrote:
: I am trying to replace the original Hitachi 20G HD with a Toshiba MK4021GAS
: 40G drive.
: (need to save original OS/programs/etc and be able to revert back quickly)

: Bios will not recognize the 40G drive, but drive works fine in USB caddy,
: and I can format, etc. with XP on a desktop
: machine.

Have you tried upgrading the BIOS? Does Toshiba have a newer BIOS on
their website?

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
April 9, 2005 11:53:29 AM

I upgraded to the latest BIOS (1.60) -- no joy. When I open the BIOS config
screen, it shows there is no HDD.

Bill