Please Help! M5A99X EVO boot error

WinchesterLa

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
I really do hope someone can help me here.

I have just built a new system as my old build is now getting a bit old.

I have the M5A99X EVO board, fx 4100, 6770, 4gb corsair 1600 ram, 650w modular psu

THE PROBLEM

I installed all the components and started up the new system, no probs so far. Everything switched on and ran smoothly, this was followed by one beep. I tried to hit DEL to enter my bios so that i could install Windows7 but to no avail, i could not enter the bios. After 2 days i still cant get into it to install an operating system on my new build!

I have tried three different keyboards, the usb wired one works(in that it powers up and lights come on, allowing me to toggle caps lock etc) but will not let me press DEL to enter bios.

As a result of this the ASUS screen hangs and after ten secs goes off and is followed by ONE beep then FIVE short beeps and then takes me to a screen which shows details of my HDD with a command saying press any key to continue (this screen stays up fro a matter of seconds) (NOTE: the HDD i am using is an old sata 80gb but it has been fully formatted)

I am then taken to another screen with American Megatrends?? at top of screen and a series of text saying what has been recognized, RAM, Mouse keyboard etc

I am at a complete loss as to how i can fix this problem.

This is the only forums i have managed to get any valued feedback from in the past so heres hoping someone knows about this problem and can help.

Thanks again and i look forward to your responses.

WinchesterLa

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
EDIT: The mobo is showing the standy pwr LED lit and the Boot Device LED lit too. The boot LED lights up a few seconds after start up.

WinchesterLa

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011

Done that, One short beep on start up and device led lit
One long beep followed by four short beeps

My manual tells me that one short beep = VGA detected, Quick boot set to disabled, no keyboard detected

One long then 4 short beeps= Hardware component failure

Ok so remove hardware til it stops beeping. Try your RAM first, 1 stick at a time, and if it keeps beeping, then move on to your vid card. Remove it and start. Use onboard video if it has it.

WinchesterLa

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011

I have disconnected the ram one at time, still the same

I have disconnected sata cd drive, still the same

I have disconnected HDD, still the same

My gfx cant as i do not have onboard graphics.

Im constantly getting the one beep to start then getting one long beep and four short ones.

I am unable to see the ASUS screen now where it prompts me to hit DEL.

Im at a loss so far