Contour lines on my Samsung SMBX2450

serth

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hi Guys.

Something thats been bugging me for a while - i have recently purchased a Samsung SMBX2450 24" LCD/LED monitor for my pc. It is plugged into my nVidea GeForce GTS 250 1gb via HDMI cable. This is the main display, i also have another monitor as a 2nd display, plugged into the VGA port.

When i am watching videos, particularly when there is a light colour on a black background, or a close up of a face or something, the colour and the picture seems to distort. The only way i can describe it is that its like looking at contours on a map, where areas of the same colour are joined up by a line, and the change between the colours is highly visible.

My screen is running 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz.
I can only think of 2 issues - the HDMI cable, which was cheap, is not brilliant and should be replaced, or the screen is either faulty or set up incorrectly. It usually happens when i am watching HD video through it, both 720p and 1080p.

Does anyone have any idea what im talking about, and any ideas on how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

Serth

serth

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
nope, still nothing.

I've found it with a couple of photos I've taken also, im begining to wonder whether its a setting on the screen, although i've reset it a couple of times and still no results.

serth

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
i was going to post in the graphics and displays section, but there was no correct sub category!
ill try samsung, thanks :)

TRENDING THREADS