Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Apple Cinema 27 inch display with PC ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 9, 2011 1:40:02 AM

I plan on building another pc and would like to use a 24" apple monitor but don't know if it's possible to get all the resolution out of it. Or what other 27" monitors come close?
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2011 1:46:22 AM

What do you mean all the resolution? A card outputs the default resolution of the monitor (or lower but you can adjust it). You just need a graphics card with a DisplayPort output or an adapter that changes DVI or HDMI to Displayport.
January 16, 2011 1:27:01 AM

I'm sorry ... meant to say, what graphics cards can feed the Cinema display to it's fullest potential (more than 1080p).
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 16, 2011 6:29:05 AM

Any graphics card with a displayport connector. Alternatively, any graphics card with a DVI dual link connector along with a dual-link DVI to displayport adapter (which is rather expensive, IIRC).

As for what other monitors come close? Personally, I'd take the Dell U2711 over the Apple 27 any day. Far more inputs, better looking design (IMO), and the same size, resolution, and panel tech (IPS).
January 16, 2011 4:40:01 PM

Best answer selected by jwroot.
January 16, 2011 4:40:51 PM

Got it ...and will go with the Dell. Thank you
April 21, 2013 7:57:10 AM

In terms of this comment: "As for what other monitors come close? Personally, I'd take the Dell U2711 over the Apple 27 any day. Far more inputs, better looking design (IMO), and the same size, resolution, and panel tech (IPS).[/quotemsg]"

I have a Dell US2711 27" monitor attached to my Windows computer and a new Apple 27" cinema display attached to my Macbook Pro. The apple wins hands down. I am just trying to find the correct graphics card/adapter to get the windows computer working with the Apple monitor and then I am ditching the Dell.

!