How to uninstall video card drivers for new one?

gougeface

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
Hello, I'm buying a new pc but I'm tired of waiting so i'm buying everything but the video card so i have to use the 9500 gs untill I get enough for the 6950. My question is when I install the 9500 gs drivers how would i go to uninstall it on windows 7.

I know this sounds dumb but i'm only going to be playing wow until i get my 6950.

My new specs are
922 HAF
Asus dvd
Windows 7
hyper 212
965 x4
asrock 870 extreme3
g skill 4gb
750 corsair psu
samsung 1tb

I know my 9500 gs will bottleneck compare to these but only thing I'll be doing is playing wow until i get enough for the 6950.

Don't do any uninstalling, Remove the 9500 from the Primary PCIe and put the 6950 there. Then install the ATI Drivers. Restart , then insert the 9500 into the Secondary PCIe and start.
After that dedicate the 9500 to PhysX :) Although it's a very weak gaming GPU, it might just handle just the PhysX load....

But if you don't want to keep the two cards, all you need to do is start the computer in safe mode and uninstall Nvidia Graphics Driver from the Add and remove programs.
Shutdown the system, put the new card in and start and install the new Drivers for ATI.
Also try driver sweeper when everything starts off in safe mode and remove the Nvidia Drivers.....

I always remove drivers from the box (Add / Remove Programs followed by a registry cleaner i.e. CCleaner to remove any possible leftovers) before removing any hardware.

To mix ATI and Nvidia drivers for PhysX, you need to go thru some very specific steps.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-ATI-physx-patch-gpu,8786.html

OTOH, since your interest is in WOW, have you read this ?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-directx-11-performance,2793.html

While the 6970 and 570 are originaly the two best matched cards I have seen from the two camps overall, nViida cards tend to perform better in WoW than their ATI counterparts ...So where I'd be hard to say either card is better than the other, the 570, at $20 cheaper, gets better numbers in WoW the 6970/6950 and that would eliminate the driver hack using PhysX.

gougeface

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010

Well I'm going to be playing other games then wow plus since I plan to crossfire I would need ati cards.
This was made before the 6900s so I'm pretty sure the 6970 would be the top best card for wow compare to the 5870 and since the 6950 can be flash into a 6970 for $70 less