Is this ram compatible w/my cpu???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Actually it would be the motherboard that determines what speed ram is required. Some motherboards will work with a wide range of RAM speeds, others , not so much. The op states that his info says he needs ddr3 at 1066 or ddr3 at 1333, so personally I wouldnt buy DDR3 at 1600. If i bought a car, and they said it runs on gasoline or ethanol..I wouldnt put kerosene in it. A bit crazy analogy but the point is usually munufacturers state a given requirement for a reason. It might work, but run at a lower speed(1333) or it may fail to boot..but shouldnt harm the system

GI_JONES

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Actually it would be the motherboard that determines what speed ram is required. Some motherboards will work with a wide range of RAM speeds, others , not so much. The op states that his info says he needs ddr3 at 1066 or ddr3 at 1333, so personally I wouldnt buy DDR3 at 1600. If i bought a car, and they said it runs on gasoline or ethanol..I wouldnt put kerosene in it. A bit crazy analogy but the point is usually munufacturers state a given requirement for a reason. It might work, but run at a lower speed(1333) or it may fail to boot..but shouldnt harm the system

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.