Pc trying to start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

begovics

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Hello,
When I turn it on fans spin few seconds, but then everything stops for a few seconds. PC doesn't shut down but it tries again and again and again... I tested Power supply and it passed. I started disconnecting power cables and PC continues to work and fans continue to spin only when I remove 8 pins cable from the motherboard (cpu power?) CPU dead?
It is core2 quad q9550 processor on Asus WS board. I built this machine few years ago and it always worked flawlessly.

Solution
Yes, that will be the CPU power cable. Could it possibly be a short-circuit (at the CPU power regulator)? Any beeps? Have you ever overclocked? Have you reset the CMOS?

begovics

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Thank you. I would guess it is short-circuit somewhere in cpu "area". Like I said it works probably for a 4-5 seconds, makes pause and tries again.
Yes, I did reset the cmos with the jumper.
My speaker doesn't give any sound ever. May be bad speaker.
When I test I remove graphic card, memory, all hard drives and dvd rom, disconnect all fans, etc. It works in any situation except when cpu power cable is connected. I did overclock cpu but very slightly. I had good cooler and good air flow so temperature was very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.