Recommendations for Sabertooth P67 Build

Hello, I'm stuck on trying to decide of a case and cpu cooler to take advantage of the Sabertooth P67 tactical jacket.

I'm building a system with a GTX 570/580 or HD 6970 CU II with plans to go crossfire later this year. It will have 2 HDD and a SSD later on. The ram will be vengeances which are fairly tall. I don't plan on getting any other components for the system. The cooling method will be air cooling.

Any recommendations for a quality case with excellent stock airflow, dust filters, painted interior, and a air pressure suitable for the tactical jacket? And any recommendations for a CPU cooler that will be efficient for the tactical jacket?

I been looking at the HAF X, but the size is overkill for what I am building. The FT02 looks good too but there seem to be a lot of complications and problems with that case.

Thanks!! And waiting for replies :)

EDIT: For prices, I'm looking at about $100 NZD ($74 USD) for the cpu cooler, and $400 NZD ($295 USD) max for the case. Computer parts are much more expensive here, so maybe whatevers at $295 USD could be like $600 NZD here.
12 answers Last reply
More about recommendations sabertooth build
  1. Antec 300 Illusion should do the trick.
  2. Hello amvnz;

How much does the Coolermaster Storm Sniper run down there?

Asus suggests a blow down style CPU cooler for the Sabertooth P67 like the Noctua NH-C14 CPU Cooler or the Noctua NH-C12P SE14
  3. I will speak generically first then see if I can find some components that fit the bill:

To maximize the Sabertooth Tactical Jacket you want air blowing down onto the board.

CASE:

You should be looking for one with:

side fan (hard to filter this one) (Intake)
    rear fan (exhaust)
    top fan (exhaust)
    front fan should be filtered (intake)
    Bottom mount PSU

COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
    Antec Dark Fleet DF-10 Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    NZXT Digital Artic-Camo (Water Transfer Printing) TEMPEST EVO
    Thermaltake Element G VL10001W2Z Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (this is a big case, but great airflow)
    Thermaltake Armor A90 Gaming Mid-Tower Chassis
    Thermaltake V6 BlacX Edition Gaming Chassis Mid

CPU Cooler:

I think a heat sink with a top mounted fan would be best so that it will pull air down on to the board and thru the ducts. a side panel fan in the case will help with this.

COOLER MASTER Intel Core i5/i7 compatible "GeminII S" PN: RR-CCH-PBU1-GP
    Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
    Scythe SCRT-1000 120mm Sleeve New High-End Top-Flow CPU Cooler
    Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm Shuriken Rev. B 3 Heat Pipes CPU Cooler
    ZALMAN CNPS8000A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink
    Scythe Big Shuriken SCBSK-1000 120mm CPU Cooler

replacing the stock fan on any of these with one that moves a lot of air wouldn't hurt either. I have he CM Gemini II S and I replaced the stock fan with a Enermax Apollish Vegas LED fan (140CMF) It's a little loud (the air moving, not the fan itself), so I only run it at about 75% (110 CMF) using my fan controller.

BTW I would suggest you get a fan controller for your set up so that you can adjust the air flow to get the results you want.
  4. WR2 said:
    Hello amvnz;

How much does the Coolermaster Storm Sniper run down there?

I was going to put that case in my recommendations below, but it reminded me of a Samsonite Suitcase, so I just couldn't do it.
  5. jerreddredd said:
    but it reminded me of a Samsonite Suitcase, so I just couldn't do it.
    If the Samsonite Suitcase had as many fans as the CM Storm Sniper he could use one as a case.
  6. Hi thanks for all the wonderful recommendations!!!!

@WR2 The storm sniper black is going for $253 NZD + free shipping.

@jerreddredd That thermaltake element G looks really nice, will go perfect with my eSports challenger pro keyboard and black gaming mouse because of the red LEDs and it looks pretty sleek and basic, not too gimmicky. Although it's not available at any stores in NZ. The Element V however is. I don't have much time to investigate all these cases atm, off to work in a few minutes but how does the element V compare to the G you recommended?

Thanks!

Wow those noctua fans are ugly!!! Like a white computer thats had too much sun exposure.

For prices, I use pricespy.co.nz. If anyone wants to check it out, has order by prices etc.
  7. amvnz said:
    Hi thanks for all the wonderful recommendations!!!!

@WR2 The storm sniper black is going for $253 NZD + free shipping.

@jerreddredd That thermaltake element G looks really nice, will go perfect with my eSports challenger pro keyboard and black gaming mouse because of the red LEDs and it looks pretty sleek and basic, not too gimmicky. Although it's not available at any stores in NZ. The Element V however is. I don't have much time to investigate all these cases atm, off to work in a few minutes but how does the element V compare to the G you recommended?

Thanks!

Wow those noctua fans are ugly!!! Like a white computer thats had too much sun exposure.

For prices, I use pricespy.co.nz. If anyone wants to check it out, has order by prices etc.

I agree on the Noctua fans :)

I favor the G

I dont like the Element V because:
    its an older case the front panel wires are for older MB (usb connector are single instead of doubles)
    there is no seperation between the PSU chamber and the MB area.
    the HD slots all face front.
    it looks just ok

I like the element G:
    its a newer case (hopefully the front panel connection have been updated)
    there is a plate that separates the PSU chamber from the MB for better heat management
    the HD slots face sideway for easy install removal.
    It looks really cool!
  8. Here is the ultimate Case for you. not sure what it costs.

http://www.maingear.com/custom/desktops/shift/index.php
  9. That looks like a customized Silverstone Raven RV01.
  10. it is. I did some more checking and they don't sell the case by itself you have to buy the whole system. but here is the link to the Raven

http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RV01&area=usa
    http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/r-photo.php?model=RV02&area=usa
  11. wow $295 USD for case?

The HAF X is the way, but as you don't like. Take a look of HAF 932.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Sabertooth Cooling Cases Systems Product