Deno

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
My wife & I bought a dell inspiron 580 at Bestbuy earlier today. Looked at alot of pcs and were looking to go cheap. She just needed it for sprout and kid games for our 2 year old as well as basic internet and somthing to surf for a job . I was looking to pay bills and play games. The inspiron came with a decent monitor and printer bundle and we had them install office and make us recovery cds. I could have done it myself but they didnt charge 2 much so 1 less hassle.

When I got home and looked up the pc online I realized that the pc we bought came with integrated graphics and not a dedicated card.

Bleh, we were lookin at so many I let that slip by.
I did some research on my smartphone and the best card I can find for this setup (the comp only has 300w psu) is a Radeon 5670. It comes with a i3 550 & that can be upgraded as well. I might leave that for a future upgrade however.

I want to build my own pc in the next year or 2 so I just want this to hold me over in the interum.

Ok now that the novel is over , will my tossing in a Radeon 5670 , new processor ( i5 760 ) and some ram hold me over for approx 2 years? I would play everquest, rpgs,fear and half life type games, first person shooters. I dont need max settings just enough to enjoy myself.

By then I will start building my own.

Last option I have 14 days to tell bestbuy Im not happy and pay a restock fee and try a dif option,but aside from the crap integrated card it isnt horrible....you get what u pay for.

Again,so sorry this is so long. Im typing this with my optimus v phone (been without a pc for almost 2 yrs now) & I am almost blind here. Small touch screen and big hands.....this took me over 1 hr to heheh.

Thx in advance for any and all input,

Rob

Deno

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Thx for the responses guys. At this point,im keeping it and gonna do some upgrades mentioned above. The pc is home just need to get comcast here to get internet runnin. I cant properly respond atm im workin 2 jobs and im pulling even more hours since my co- worker is in thw hospital. Thx for the input so far need to get to bed gota b at wotk soon. I will try to respond better tomorrow @ work

Thx, Rob