Using 3 or 1 monitor

RJMik

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hey all! :hello:

I just built myself a triple screen racing rig. I have purchased an HD 6950 to run it but have not installed it yet, however I understand it will support 4 monitors. What I want to be able to do is either have the 3 screens running OR the single screeen on my desktop. I don't have any experience with eyefinity yet.

So, I guess I have a few questions. If the triple setup is running how will that affect the single screen on my desktop? Is there a way to set it up so that I can choose between the two (ie: setup a keystroke that will choose between the rig and the desktop?). Is that something that I can either do or choose between in the control center? Will the card know that it is running 1 setup in triple monitor and 1 single monitor?

As you can see, I am very very noob in the multi-screen world. Any help would be very much appreciated.

RJ

snoogiloo

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
Did i understand it right that u want the single monitor to turn off when ur running eyefinity and when ur running ur single monitor the eyefinity monitors will turn off?

You can make 2 profiles in CCC that u can set a keystroke to change between. I have this myself for games that dont support eyefinity and it works great :)

I can add a little guide later when i get home if you want on how to do this, but it should be pretty straight forward.
You can also get help over MSN/Skype if you want too. Just send a PM if u want to do that and ill give u my MSN :) Note that im from Sweden tho so i might be online at different times than you.