ATI Radeon HD 5670 and HDTV full screen problem

weihenstef

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hey I'm having a problem with my new computer. I downloaded Allods online to test out the graphics capability and the game itself runs perfect with awesome frames and no lag. However, there seems to be some problem with the resolution or something because when I click the mouse, it makes the cursor jump down and to the right diagonally approximately 2 inches every time unless the cursor is already in the bottom right hand corner. Here is my computer specs and a list of exactly what and how it happens.

Windows 7, 64 bit
AMD Athlon II x4 630 Processor 2800 Mhz
1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5670
Catalyst 10.12
Dell Studio XPS 7100
4GB DDR3 RAM
42" Panasonic Viera Plasma HDTV using HDMI

1.Game play is fine, great fps and no lag.
2.When playing game in window mode, no problem exists.
3.After switching to full screen mode, clicking the mouse causes the cursor to jump down and to the right diagonally about 2 to 3 inches unless its already in the bottom right corner. To reiterate, Simply having the cursor in the middle of the screen and clicking causes the cursor to jump consistently down and to the right diagonally.

Switching back to window mode, this problem goes away but naturally I would like to play in full screen mode as this provides a better experience. I personally think it is a resolution issue but can't seem to get it worked out as I have played around with the resolution both on desktop and in game but the results stay the same.
As of right now, the resolution for both is 1920x1080.
Just wondering if anybody else has had this issue and found a solution. Thanks in advance...

PVLoubert

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
I am having a similar problem with the same video card. I have areas of the screen that don't refresh - especially when I am in full screen mode. It has occurred in MS Word, in the Windows 7 image preview tool, and in other programs. Haven't found a solution yet - have you?