sftshadow

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Well i've built this system from scratch and im experiencing stutter (however slight) in all games!

Specs:

i5 2400 3.1ghz quad
4gb ddr 3 1333mhz ram
sata 500gb
GTX460 nvidia

I've just upgraded from:

AMD phenom x2 3.0ghz dual core
4gb ram ddr3
ati 5770hd

Now, im still getting micro stutter in most games, i've done all the obvious such as drivers, reinstalling windows, closing background problems, i've tried mixing and matching the hardware also, but I want the best stuff running ideally.

My FPS' are always really high on full settings whatever the game, and i've recently tried crysis 2 and again smooth as anything apart from small micro stutter.

The game I want to play well is The Sims 2 & 3 but again here Im getting stutter which makes the gameplay unbearable.

I don't think its faulty RAM as i've got two good brands (crucial & corsair) and they both run the pc, either on their own or as a pair and i've had no issues, other than stutter.

The only thing Im thinking now is my 550w PSU, which is from 2008 a non-branded £20 one.

My pc is also, getting very hot while playing games etc, but I would have thought i'd notice the game starting great and gradually degrading the hotter it gets, as it is the games stutter from the beginning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as im going insane as to whats wrong!