• Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 14, 2011 4:28:24 PM

hi. everyone and thx for your volunteering to help

ok here is the deal i want to know what should i upgrade first :
i have
Intel e5300 @3.1Ghz
kingston 2gb ddr2 800 @480mhz
and the nightmare (9500gt 1gb ddr2 @620mhz core clock)
and 500 watt unreal power supply it gives about 350watt real

so i asked computer shop what should i upgrade first , he told me to upgrade the ram to 4gb ddr3 (since i have combo motherboard )

but when i search the forum i heard that upgrading the gpu is more important now i have two choices even upgrade to 9800gt 1gb or upgrade the ram .

i want it for gaming and nothing else .

am dying for assassins creed brotherhood and i want to play it on high

last thing will my cpu be a bottle nick for the video card .

More about : upgrade

March 14, 2011 4:36:44 PM

i know am old but i really need help ....
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2011 4:51:31 PM

The CPU probably will be a bottleneck for a new graphics card. But if you don't want to build a whole system, I'd tell you to just buy a new beefy power supply and a graphics card.

So, power supply from antec earthwatts, corsair, rosewill (GREENSERIES ONLY) should all be fine. If nothing else, as long as its got some sort of 80 plus certification it won't blow your computer up.

Then an HD 4850 or 5750 should do the trick. Or you could opt for something faster, that might have a bit of a longer run than the next time you upgrade the rest. (the graphics card you have now is useless for anything besides showing regular screens on a monitor, which is all it was really made for)

As far as RAM is concerned I guess you could go for 4 gigs, but it doesn't matter in this computer if you did it with cheap from-ebay-or-craigslist DDR2 or DDR3. The only reason to do DDR3 is to make it cheaper to do a rebuild of CPU/mobo/RAM if you at that point already have the RAM. I don't know how much longer the DDR3 will be used, it's quite possible that you find this upgrade good enough for awhile.
m
l
Related resources
March 15, 2011 7:53:03 PM

ok thxx man alot I really appreciate ur work but i guess ur talking too much dollars :p  !
i guess i'll wait a bit and get an xbox 360 that should do it !
m
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
March 16, 2011 3:40:39 AM

lolwut? At most I'm talking like $70-150. Its just that your current power supply might explode if you put too much on it because its probably crappy.

If you just want to buy something cheap graphics wise, you could get an HD 5670 which should run fine but may not quite pull of "high" settings. It will do admirably however. Looks like this one would be about $65 after $10 rebate.

I think you're doing yourself a great disservice by not spending the little amount of money it would take to fix up the comp to good standards.

I personally have both a gaming PC and a 360, but there is no reason to give up on the PC and go for something more expensive.
March 16, 2011 6:17:06 PM

Best answer selected by themainevent94.
m
l
!