6900CF & Nvidia card working together.

Stef1_1

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Hello I have a question. I recently bought 2 6970's that replaced an old GTX 295. After I installed and adjusted the colours in the AVIVO control panel in CCC I still couldn't get the colour balance right....either too vibrant or too dull. Then it hit me, I used Digital Vibrance with my previous Nvidia card. Now I know about how ATI doesn't have an option equivalent to DV, I've looked through hundreds of forums on this discussion of DV, I also know some people have different opinions on DV but it really helped the colours pop out of my monitor.

I've tried adjusting the contrast, saturation, brightness. No dice.

So I was thinking....maybe a little off the ball here, but I know it's possible that you can use Nvidia cards as a dedi phsyx card with ATI cards as the main output. Is it actually possible to stick an old 9800gtx, have it as a dedi phsyx and use Digital Vibrance?

I have a gut feeling this is not possible, because of driver conflictions between the Red and Green cards.

But who knows, it maybe possible. Also If anyone actually does know about a 3rd party app (not powerstrip, already tried it). Please let me know. This is driving me crazy, I don't want to have to RMA my two new 6970's over a retarded colour slider and have to get 570gtx's but I am actually considering it.

Other than that can anyone suggest a good monitor with good saturation levels?

Mine at the moment is an LCD VH226 ASUS.

plznote

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
It is possible or rather it was possible.
Before you could do it easily.
You need to employ "modifications" or more commonly known as "hacks" to use it.
Can't help you there, don't have a recent Radeon card.

Stef1_1

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
There are no INF files for my monitor for some reason, any good monitor suggestions? I have read that my monitor is actually almost too bright. Got any good gaming monitors?

Stef1_1

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
It's not exactly what I want but thank you for looking, I think I'll just try and RMA these cards. Or get a new monitor that doesn't suck for color. :)