Status
Not open for further replies.

thecpu

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Hi, my problem comes while i have adquired a new Motherboard Asrock 990FX Fatal1ty Proffesional Series and 2x4GB G.Skill Memory Modules DDR3 1866mhz.
Well i i have a Phenom II 955 CPU and i installed the Memory Modules in the Mobo but it detects it as DDR3 1333Mhz, well since it was configured in AUTO i decided to update the MOBO Bio. After that i found the the correct profiles for my RAM that appeared in OC settings, but no matter what i choose, i only get 1600Mhz Max speed for my Memory Modules.
Does Phenom Have a real Limitation with DDR3 above 1600Mhz? The limitation comes form Mobo or form CPU? Is There any configuration i should use to solve this problem? What can i do? i talked with the Technical service in order to receive a response but no answer until.
Thanks!

Solution
You would have to overclock both the NB and the CPU fairly heavily to hit that. I would just sit at 1600MHz and be happy. There really is not perceptible difference between them.
Technically the Phenom II's max RAM speed is 1333MHz, but it is possible to overclock the RAM. I was able to get my Phenom II up to 1600MHz, beyond that is hit or miss.

Personally I would leave it at 1600MHz as you will not notice any performance difference by going past that.

thecpu

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

Oh, i supposed that, in fact that´s the maximum speed i can get with them, also i´ve noticed that the G.Skill Memory Modules i bought are mentioned to be compatible with IntelZ68 & P67 &p55 platforms, does that mean this memory modules are not fully compatible with Amd Motherboards?
By the Way will be the Ram be damage if i use under voltage? or either the system? Thanks

undervoltage will never harm a computer component, they just might not run properly.

the RAM is compatible with AMD systems, just the "XMP Memory Profile" which sets the correct timings that are optimized in the factory is not enabled so you have to set everything manually.

thecpu

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Well , what would be the best configuration for that Memory and for that Motherboard?? i´m still thinking i wont get the 1866Mhz running with that CPU, won´t I?

thecpu

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

well thanks, what would happen if in near furure i get a new CPU. it will be compatible with those memory modules? Are you sure it´s a CPU problem and not motherboard´s one? I appreciate your help really.

Status
Not open for further replies.