Is this PSU good?

mcfe

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Well i don't really have the exact model except its a Chieftec 550 watts or 600 wats

Here is an image of a psu which had almost the same amps as the one my new pc will have
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/coolers/chieftec-psu-roundup/1p11s.jpg

But the +12V and +12V1 and +12v2 and +12v3 etc they were all 18 amps, does it mean 18 amps or they are multiplied and equaled to 54 amps?

Basically that psu should run the current rig:
AMD Phenom II x4 955BE
HD5850 1GB Sapphire

And i know that the HD5xxx series need at least 30 amps?

Basically there are the parts that use the psu extensively.
the psu i have on the rig is good otherwise it will be underpowered

mcfe

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Actually its not the psu from the picture, rather just an example. I was just asking whether those amps are alright for the components in the first post

Here are the official power requirements for the new ATI Radeon HD 5850 and HD 5870 video cards.

ATI Radeon™ HD5850 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors.

600 Watt or greater power supply with four 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

ATI Radeon™ HD5870 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.

500 Watt or greater power supply with two, 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors.

600 Watt or greater power supply with four, 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

The power supply recommendations are for an entire pc system.