Hard Drive too big for my TP 570E ?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 10, 2005 9:42:00 AM

I jst picked up a 60GB western digital scorpio drive to replace the 6GB
drive my laptop originally came with.

Having a hell of a time getting the computer to recognize the drive.

does anyone know if there is a size limitation for 570E thinkpads???

seems to me that the bios/chipset (440bx) should be albe to take this size)

More about : hard drive big 570e

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 10, 2005 9:42:01 AM

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 05:42:00 +0900, nzimmers <nzimmers@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I jst picked up a 60GB western digital scorpio drive to replace the 6GB
>drive my laptop originally came with.
>
>Having a hell of a time getting the computer to recognize the drive.
>does anyone know if there is a size limitation for 570E thinkpads???
>seems to me that the bios/chipset (440bx) should be albe to take this size)

FWIW, my 570E had no problem recognizing and using a 40GB drive (W2K,
all partitions NTFS). My understanding is that if it can handle 40GB,
it should handle 60GB as well.

Cheers, Dominique
!