Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Deleted windows 7 paritiion.. trying to reinstall.. help

Last response: in Windows 7
May 13, 2009 6:32:13 AM

im a dummy and deleted windows 7 paritiion and now when i turn on my computer it still shows dual boot screen with windows 7 as one of the options but when i choose windows 7 of course it tells me some error because like i said i was a dummy and deleted windows 7 parition so i decided to reinstall windows 7 but when i created a new parition and tried to install windows 7 its giving me an error that i am missing some files and will not continue with installation i dont understand has anyone ever experienced this situation before? any help would greatly appreciated.. thanks
a b $ Windows 7
May 13, 2009 2:51:30 PM

Sounds like the exact problem I have, but at the same time very different. I have a corrupt partition with W7beta on it. couldn't access it. now it seems to have vanished completely. I gave the leads a quick wiggle and it appeared but installation still bombed out. I think it may be a problem with the sata cable but the symptoms sound identical.

I know it isn't much help, but just to let you know you're not on your own!
Score
May 13, 2009 9:07:48 PM

I have a dual boot and windows 7 died it froze and I had too hard start ever since it won't boot.I have other data on this drive that loads and runs fine.Win7 did give my sata drive low marks seagate 320g.I was just going to wipe the whole drive
and try and remove the boot manager.My install dvd of the beta never loads for a repair option Im guessing it's not included
with the beta.Xp still runs as usual.
Score
Related resources
May 14, 2009 1:07:19 AM

how do you edit the boot manager so that it doesnt give you an option to load win 7 i want it to go straight into vista
Score
a b $ Windows 7
May 14, 2009 12:17:57 PM

sausagemandan said:
I have a dual boot and windows 7 died it froze and I had too hard start ever since it won't boot.I have other data on this drive that loads and runs fine.Win7 did give my sata drive low marks seagate 320g.I was just going to wipe the whole drive
and try and remove the boot manager. My install dvd of the beta never loads for a repair option Im guessing it's not included
with the beta.
Xp still runs as usual.

Put your Win 7 DVD in the optical drive and boot to it. on the first screen, select "Install". On the second screen, in the lower left corner will be the option to repair.
Score
May 15, 2009 8:57:47 PM

would not repair so i reinstalled and it works.
Score
!