Yes, another one of these. [Build Help]

bigcurt

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hi,

I bet some of you regulars get tired of people like me making these threads haha. However, I am looking for help with a build I am working on. I am open to any suggestions. If you feel as though I really should wait, I am even open to that. My budget is around $1,000; maybe more all depending on how necessary it is. I currently have a case ( although I am possibly looking to get a new one..but the only one I really want is crazy expensive..the Level10 GT ), I have a video card ( GTX 470 ) and I also have a CD Burner..nothing special about it though so if I really need a new one I am open to that.

Some things I would really like. I have heard great things about SSD's...although I have also heard they are prone to failure a lot. Opinions on that? That's pretty much it! Any help would be appreciated. Here are some of the parts I was looking at but am open to someone completely making a build for me as well..I am easy :p.

-------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime within the next 2 weeks

Budget Range: $1,000-$1,500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, movies, casual use.

Parts Not Required: Do not need a Optical drive, do not need a video card, do not need a case.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't matter; but BestBuy would be nice as I have reward points.

Country of Origin: US

Overclocking: Probably not much if any.

------------------------- Currently looking at ---------------------

Intel i7-2600K - Link ( Linked on BestBuy as some parts I will buy from there as I have some reward points/credit card there )

Asus P6X58D - Link

Kingston HyperX - Link

Corsair PSU CMPSU-650TX - Link

Thermaltake SpinQ - Link

That's pretty much as far as I got. Feel free to change anything, one thing or EVERYTHING :p.

mbooth1234

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Most important is the motherboard. The current one you have selected will not work with the 2600k processor, which requires a 1155 socket not a 1366. If you want a 2600k, you will have to find another mobo. Also, can you please post what your main uses for this pc will be, ie: gaming, surfing the web, video encoding, etc.

bigcurt

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

Nope, I don't need any of that. Few quick questions.

1. So you don't think I should get the 2600K instead of the 25?
2. So I should get the 10,000RPM drive instead of the SSD? I figured the SSD was a no-brainer.

HeyImGodly

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
Well i wouldnt be buying an SSD until the summer if i were you since thats when sandforce releases the new controller implmented in all of the new ssds that are gonna make them way faster than what they are right now.
you obviously have room to grab an SSD if you really want.
but if you think about the Price/GB the Raptors are the better choice.
$0.73/GB vs. $1.90/GB

&& nope you have absolutely no need for a 2600k unless your running things like C4D, 3DS Max, or doing CAD work,.