Closed Solved

2 Beeps error

Hi guys, i have a problem with my PC and need help ASAP. My PC is giving 2 short beep codes and doesn't show anything. I searched for the beep coeds and found out that the issue is either on the RAM or Mobo. So i did what they told(swap the memory/re-seat ) and yet i still get the beep codes. I started the system without a single RAM and then it gave me 3 short beeps.
I don't have a extra RAM card and i'm 100% sure weather it's the RAM which causes this problem bcuz last night the same thing happened and when i re-seat the RAMs after cleaning it worked.
I even tried with one RAM at a time and didn't work. I changed the slots and then it gave the 3 short beeps.

How can i be sure what causes the problem ?

My Mobo - Intel DH55HC
RAM - 2x 2GB Kingston 1333MHZ

Thank you in Advance.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about beeps error
  1. Best answer
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-010249.htm
    im taking my awnsers from there
    3 beeps troubleshooting
    Reseat the memory.
    Make sure that the contacts on the memory and the socket are clean.
    Try removing one bank of memory modules at a time. (Some systems can require a memory module in Bank 0.)
    Try using memory modules from the same manufacturer with the same part number and speed.
    Check for a faulty memory module by trying the memory in a known good system.

2 beeps:
    If using an add-in graphics card, reseat the card.
    Make sure a compatible processor is installed.
  2. do u know where i can get cooler maater elite 334 parts shipped to sri lanka? i need the addin card lock
  3. what does it have to do with a cpu cooler, its between the cpu (or graphics card) and ram
  4. nna2 said:
    what does it have to do with a cpu cooler, its between the cpu (or graphics card) and ram

I think what causes the problem is that my VGA doesn't get seated properly bcuz the lock is missing
  5. Best answer selected by chanuka.
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM