Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Games
  • World Of Warcraft
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2011 1:46:23 PM

I love my new graphics card alot! I can finaly play so many diffrent games on my geforce gts 250 card but am having a small problem.
It seems most FPS shooter games run at 60 fps and above at max settings on 1680 1050 screen resolution. But the problem lies in MMO games.
I play perfect world (this game doesnt have very good graphics) at maxed settings and it runs like crap. Same for Allods online. Allods online looks very much like World of Warcraft but it runs like crap in heavily populated areas (20 - 15 fps) and at about 30 - 40 fps away from population. Ive overclocked the card but that doesnt help any. Ive also monitored temperatures and they lie at about 60 - 65c under load.

It seems I can run World of Warcraft at maxed settings at 30 - 40 fps in the most heavily populated areas and with shadows off 50 - 60 fps, and 60 + when away from population. Seems World of Warcraft is the only PROPERLY built mmo that doesnt use so many resources and yet looks the BEST of all the other mmo games.
Now what really stumps me is that Crysis runs amazingly fine at mid - high settings and could make any of those mmo games look like cheap flash games in comparison...So what exactly is it that these mmo type games are doing to run like crap (except WoW) I would say population and partial server lag but what else? Unbelivable that this cheap cartoon animation is making it hard to run smoothly but the most demanding and visualy impressive first person shooters with life like graphics, shadows, and lighting run so great lol!!

More about : low fps random mmos high fps shooter games

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 10, 2011 6:14:01 PM

You are comparing games that are running locally (Crysis/FPS) with those operated via your network(MMO/WOW). That being said, they are not directly comparable in terms of performance because of the limitations imposed by the network.

Do you understand the difference now?

Good luck and have fun!
January 10, 2011 6:57:28 PM

COLGeek said:
You are comparing games that are running locally (Crysis/FPS) with those operated via your network(MMO/WOW). That being said, they are not directly comparable in terms of performance because of the limitations imposed by the network.

Do you understand the difference now?

Good luck and have fun!

"And the Geeks shall inherit the Earth Haha i like that,

Anyways I see your point. My internet speeds are not up to par living in the middle of country *cough*3.00mbps*cough* I guess WoW isn't so internet reliant thank god but some of these other games can be absolute horrid.

m
l
January 10, 2011 6:58:50 PM

Best answer selected by Morkintash.
m
l
!