Keyboard wont work

mapquest68

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
I have an HP Pavilion with a bad MB. It's a ASUS A8M2N-LA HP Naos-GL6 5188-6007 motherboard I purchased off of e-bay. I got it installed and everything plugged in. When I turn on the machine, I get the HP screen with the standard message of To enter setup press F1 etc. etc . Which I did. Nothing,Nada,Niente,Zero.Turn it off, then back on (While HOLDING the F1 Key) And I'm able to see the BIOS screen but I have no arrow key function. If left on its own the machine goes through the HP startup screen and into the Energy Star ram test screen that shows all peripherals. Once again it asks for a keystroke to continue but no keyboard is seen. I should mention that the kb is seen at startup as the three lights light up when the power is switched on. I have used a USB keyboard which doesn't even register at all and an older ps/2 (purple plugged) kb which the machine actually sees briefly. I'm pulling whats left of my hair out. The seller listed this board as new.I'm at a loss here and ANY help will be much appreciated! One last note...Computer has a blank HD. Was going to load XP. Tried putting in older HD with XP loaded on it with the same results as stated above. Thanks!