Will X motherboard fit in Y case?

hemakui

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
*Edit#1: I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forums. This is my first post here.*
*edit#2: To better comply with people's generally short attention spans, I'm gonna delete about.. 90% of my post ^_^*
*edit #3: BRIEF recap of the events that led to me coming here:
1: my power supply failed.
2: new power supply (well, it was used) provided by repair guy is 160 watts.
3: Stock power supply is 250 watts.
4: Video card I want to install recommends 400 watts.
5: New power supply (coming with a new case) is 450 watts.
6: asus m2n61-ax is the motherboard I have. Various sources (ie: people on the internet) say that it's "not significantly different from a micro atx" and that it should fit a case designed for micro atx. Others vehemently protest "NUH UH!"
7: People on the internet, by the large, tend to be quite silly, and not know what they're talking about.
8: In lieu of me taking answers that are 'similar' to my question, I'd like an exact answer to my specific question.
9: Will my motherboard fit into this case? (case is linked below)

***Dimensions of the case I want to move into***

11.02" (H) x 3.74"(W) x 14.96"(D)

***Dimensions of my current case***

13" (h) 4" (w) 16" (d)

*edit #4* the case I'm looking to transfer into houses the PSU and other essentials in the front; so the height of the case should leave just enough wiggle room for the motherboard to fit, yeah? the height is my numer 1 concern; but the fact is that in my current case, the power supply is roughly 3 inches tall; so if we remove the PSU from the equation (since it won't be in the Mobo's way in the new case) then it SHOULD fit. That's the conclusion I've come to anyway. this is why I came to ask here.*

SUMMARY:
Will this:
asusm2n61ax.jpg

Fit in this: Black Pixxo Micro ATX/ITX Tower
http://www.directron.com/cm9e8ab.html?gsear=1

Solution
I'm led to believe that the Inspiron 531s is a micro-ATX form-factor desktop, and the case you linked to is indeed a micro-ATX case.

The picture you linked to looks pretty much a standard micro-atx board, with no proprietary additions, so I would say yes, it ought to fit.

Standard measurements:
microATX 9.6 in (244 mm) 9.6 in (244 mm)
Mini ATX 11.2 in (284 mm) 8.2 in (208 mm)

hemakui

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

Curse the TL;DR.
There, hopefully I shortened it enough now.
I just hate making it sound like "internet forum is first place I check!"

fongmh

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I'm led to believe that the Inspiron 531s is a micro-ATX form-factor desktop, and the case you linked to is indeed a micro-ATX case.

The picture you linked to looks pretty much a standard micro-atx board, with no proprietary additions, so I would say yes, it ought to fit.

Standard measurements:
microATX 9.6 in (244 mm) 9.6 in (244 mm)
Mini ATX 11.2 in (284 mm) 8.2 in (208 mm)

Solution
Yes, it will fit fine, its Micro ATX mobo for the Pixxo Micro ATX/ITX Tower case. So u are good.

The Asus M2N61-AX Motherboard is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version custom built to be used inside of a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop computer.

This motherboard and the CPU are the only differences between the Inspiron 530 and the 531, with the 531 providing the user with the more powerful AMD processor, which the 530 lacked.

hemakui

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

I thought so, but I'm very prone to second guessing myself. Couple that with a bunch of idiots online screaming "NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!"
And their only 'source' essentially boils down to "I play CoD!" Or people who just copy and paste paragraphs of wikipedia; and say "I 'unno, i'm sure the answer's in there somewhere!" (and it's usually not)

I'm sure you didn't get to become a moderator by being stupid; so the part has been ordered.
I'll report back in a few days with the result.

All power to the (search) engines!

hemakui

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Whoops, I marked the wrong guy as 'best answer' --

Update: Holy frijoles that was some fast delivery!
Case was waiting for me today, and so I began the transfer.

Gotta admit, it was really satisfying to make everything fit, and to plug everything in myself. The last time I did something like this was for a high school class.

Slight problem; it would appear as though I was a little too rough with my harddrive. All the same; It was only a 160gb hdd (it was the cheapest one that came with the machine; as I stated, I originally only wanted this new case for it's power supply. Since fitting a competant power supply into my 531s case was nigh on impossible.

So YES: the fit was snug, but when all was said and done, it looks GREAT -
Now I just have to order a new harddrive and install that.